ReBinding to Controler

Reaction score
Hello,
I needed to send my brand new Phantom Vision in to DJI for a problem right out of the box: no WiFi connection. Out of the box it connected to controller and motors worked but no video. Today, 5 weeks later, I received the drone back. DJI assured me they solved the problem with the WiFi extender: "drone was successfully repaired, test flown and is ready to go". However, now I cannot bind the drone to controler! For the past 3 hours I have been going through the SIMPLE procedure without success!?! I get all the correct lights & beeps but then when I try to start the motors nothing. All batteries are brand new and fully charged. I even changed them out several times just to be sure. The really odd thing is that when I toggle the S1 switch to calibrate the compass the drone recognizes the signal and goes into calibration mode. But motors will not start, I get nothing on the phone app and when I try to connect through USB to the app on the computer to update firmware it says not connected to controller!?! ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS AT ALL WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I've never even had the chance to fly this thing yet! I'm so frustrated now I'm just going to sleep. Please @ or message or anything if you can aid in my getting this resolved. Thank you.

Matt just throwing rocks here but sounds like you need to rebind your extender as far as the app issue and I have had to try different sequences of starting the assistant to connect with my bird .
No telling what they have it set in till you can see your settings .I would try hooking it up different ways till I saw it connect .

Matt just throwing rocks here but sounds like you need to rebind your extender as far as the app issue and I have had to try different sequences of starting the assistant to connect with my bird .
No telling what they have it set in till you can see your settings .I would try hooking it up different ways till I saw it connect .

Thank you for your reply. Pardon my ignorance but this is my 1st (probably last) DJI product. But I do not understand what you mean by "different sequences to connect"? Believe me, 3 solid hours, I had to have tried just about everything, searched everywhere. Can you be more specific, please? I am desperate and am willing to try anything (not tonight) to not lose my $800.00 investment. I really want to get it to fly it and see what it can do So far though I have to say that Yuneec has this thing beat 1000%! Switch on the Typhoon and fly, thats it. No compass calibration, no having to program video channels, no apps to download, no phone needed.... Anyway, if you can offer a way to get it in the air I'd really appreciate it. All I have now is an $800.00 doorstop. It's very frustrating. I'm even willing to take it in to a local shop but can't find one that does service unless the drone was bought there.

What I meant was trying to get it into the assistant . Try another USB port or power up bird and have assistant running and then plug into bird .
I have had to do it several different ways at times to get the assistant to read it .

Thank you. My plan tommorow is to start work few hours early so I can get out and give it another shot. I will call DJI as well. I shall let you know my results. Thanks again. Good evening to you.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you. My plan tommorow is to start work few hours early so I can get out and give it another shot. I will call DJI as well. I shall let you know my results. Thanks again. Good evening to you.
Good luck and don't get to frustrated cause that wont help ya ! I know bro !! :)
Will be watching for your results ;)

same here... got my Phantom vision2+ v3 back after almost two months, and just can't get it connected anymore to the controller.And the support at DJi stays deaf mute. I feel pretty much like I've been a fraude victim, 1200 euro for a Phantom and 2 additional batteries and again 600 euro to repair a camera... result? All sitting in a box.

Too bad they are in China or I would set fire to their factory :(

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Believe it or not I actually had ADDITIONAL DIFFICULTIES and returned the drone again! Due to the generous assistance of local member on the forum I was able to resolve the WiFi issue. Seems that the range extender that came with the package was an outdated beta version. My new friend, Art, had a newer model extender that I bought from him. We were able to bind it and the drone connected perfectly. Great right - no. When I went out to actually fly and started the drone up the props stuttered a bit then, SMOKE AROSE from the center of the drone. I shut everything down and again returned it to DJI. Drone came back to me and accompanying @ basically said that all motors as well as other components needed to be replaced (all of that worked perfectly prior to my 1st time sending it in to DJI). Okay, so drone is in good shape now right? Wrong! I plugged in the USB cable to update & change to NAZA mode - the USB port was not soldered properly & the top of it came right off the tiny motherboard! Not wanting another 2 months wait to fly the drone I gave up on DJI and went to a local computer repair place. This guy was able to micro solder the USB back together and it now works perfectly ($60.00) Plus I found the same DJI USB ribbon on eBay and bought it as a spare for 9 bucks. All it is is a ribbon that plugs in on one end and screws down on the USB port side. Anyway, the bird has been tested and now is airworthy. Following this I'm right now going out to Mansfield to fly.
I will be taking my Typhoon as well. FYI: Yuneec has DJI beat hands down. They upgraded the original camera to 4K and sent a new one to me completely free of charge! Same thing with the ground station: originally came with a smaller screen. The upgrade larger screen version was set-out free of charge as wel! And the Typhoon gimbal is 3 axis so the video is much smoother. The Phantom (if it works) is a nice drone but DJIs CS sucks. I will not be purchasing any more product from them - ever! Now I'm waiting on my 3DR Solo to arrive. I got an entire bundled package from B&H; includes everything from backpack to extra props. FYI: DJI has a factory on the West Coast, CA. Burn baby burn!

I hear you... I'm new to this so went with the seemingly great product that DJi seemed to be and the fact that it looked like one of the biggest companies in the business, so you'd imagine that something like RMA and CS is a breeze for such a company... I've been in CS for an IT company for over 15 years, handling repairs with roughly 12-15 companies, and in all those years I never seen such poor customer support ever.

Thank for the suggestion on some alternatives, guess I'll just save up a bit and buy something similar from another brand instead. And a bunch of cans of flame accelerators, har har :D

blank stare.png
...This went south o_O

yep - another one of the threads that ends like this..

qhLGrRI_zpsilytdxe1.gif

I'm not familiar with how threads usually end. I don't really have the extra time to network socially online and so apologize if I made a faux pas. It was unintentional. I joined this forum as an educational experience, i.e., I needed information. And it worked out great for me, the Phantom works perfectly now. I think it's a good craft. I believe I just got stuck with a lemon and that rather than DJI continue to have me send it back and forth across the country multiple times they ought to have just replaced it. For all intents & purpose they did; the list of what was repaired or replaced actually comes out to almost an entire drone! But with all the back & forth I ended up owning the drone almost 4 months before I was able to fly it. That was very frustrating and I can understand how the gentleman with similar CS issues feels. Anyway, it's a great day to get outside - I'm taking the Phantom out flying.:cool:

Glad you resolved your issues. Generally speaking the Phantom is a good craft. With the number of people flying Phantoms and with no issues it is stated to be a good product. As with any thing on the market there can be issues. Normally they can be resolved. Sometimes not a quickly as we wish but non the less most are resolved. There is probable less than 2 % that feal they have been shafted and scream the loudest. Some have true issues others just don't follow the guidelines for getting them resolved. We all want to feal like we have been treated fairly and either give praise for the way things were handled under warranty or scream the loudest for inappropriate responses. Fly fly fly and enjoy. It's not if you will ever crash but when and how bad it is.

Glad you resolved your issues. Generally speaking the Phantom is a good craft. With the number of people flying Phantoms and with no issues it is stated to be a good product. As with any thing on the market there can be issues. Normally they can be resolved. Sometimes not a quickly as we wish but non the less most are resolved. There is probable less than 2 % that feal they have been shafted and scream the loudest. Some have true issues others just don't follow the guidelines for getting them resolved. We all want to feal like we have been treated fairly and either give praise for the way things were handled under warranty or scream the loudest for inappropriate responses. Fly fly fly and enjoy. It's not if you will ever crash but when and how bad it is.

Yes, you are correct. I've had a pretty steep learning curve but am now a huge fan. I have modded the controller and am getting some great distance & excellent flights. Hope to film the fireworks from above tonight here in Hartford. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31