Realtor using Phantom to show off homes for sale

Reaction score
This is a realtor who is local to me who seems to be using a Phantom to show off homes for sale.

What I noticed he that he used it to also do interior shots of the home. Not by flying it, but just by holding it. I didn't realize that the phantom can double as just a "steadycam" system for video. How awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy0lHI0a7ng

Yep, a Phantom makes a pretty decent handheld gimbal mount for things like that...much better than trying to fly it inside for the interior shots.

I'd like to produce a video like this.

Which Phantom do you think he used? Phantom vision or non-vision.

Could this be produced in like quality with Phantom 1.1.1 and GoPro with lower-priced Gimbal?

FLGulf said:
I'd like to produce a video like this.

Which Phantom do you think he used? Phantom vision or non-vision.

Could this be produced in like quality with Phantom 1.1.1 and GoPro with lower-priced Gimbal?

That video was stabilized on 2 axis (pitch and roll) so it couldn't have been done with a Vision (unless an aftermarket gimbal like rotorpixel was used). Yes you could certainly make vids of that quality or better with a P1 and a gimbal that's set up properly.

Do you have a P1 already?

FLGulf said:
Do you have a P1 already?

No. Am looking at the $399 Phantom 1.1.1 from B&H Photo and I have the GoPro3+.

A 1.1.1 makes an excellent platform for this type of work (and probably the least expensive to start with) when paired with a decent gimbal, just be sure the differences between a P1 and a P2 don't justify the extra cost for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik