Really Long Train

• Thread starter Deleted member 118536
  • Start date
Roy.....a Very n i c e smooth video...isn't that amazing the trains engines can pull all that weight and a steel wheel to a steel track.......Many don't know that a diesel train engine merely generates electricity and that runs the large drive electric motors that move it down the tracks...Thanks for the great video too.

Roy.....a Very n i c e smooth video...isn't that amazing the trains engines can pull all that weight and a steel wheel to a steel track.......Many don't know that a diesel train engine merely generates electricity and that runs the large drive electric motors that move it down the tracks...Thanks for the great video too.

Is that true ? I didn't know that . Thought it worked like any other combustion engine .

The Diese engines l turn a generator....the power from the generator....Runs the BIG Track motors !
Speed is regulated by a rheostat....like a dimmer for dash lites on a car.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-trains-run
Yes did you know that the total surface area of all those steel wheels contacting the rails on a train that long is only the size of kids school desktop. Yes, the entire weight of that train is resting on an area of about 6 square feet!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1