Really bad range P3 Advanced.

Reaction score
I bought a p3 advanced from craigslist and had no problems for the first 4-5 months. Now the range is getting really bad. A couple weeks ago it started losing video transmission at about 300-400 feet.
I went to use the drone yesterday and it started losing video transmission at 50-75 feet. Open field no trees or wires. The drone has never been crashed and the controller has never been dropped.

I only have one controller so I am not sure on how to start TS'ing the problem on whether its the aircraft or the controller.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Assuming you've already been through a basic diagnostic workup --- then a good first step is to try and get another controller and see if the dismal range repeats. If it does, then you know it's the bird and you can work up from there. If the range is good like your original flights, then you know it's a faulty controller.

The radios in these devices (bird or controller) are known to go bad --- whether from overheating or some other cause. Not entirely uncommon.

Reactions: Scoobert
Reactions: Scoobert
What's your RC and AC FW's and what version of GO are you running?

I know both the controller and AC are running the newest firmware (updated them both friday), I will have to check on the go app when I get home.

Thanks for the help guys

I know both the controller and AC are running the newest firmware (updated them both friday), I will have to check on the go app when I get home.

Thanks for the help guys

Maybe a really daft question, but have you logged back into your DJI account since you updated, as per the FW instructions?

Good
Firmware on AC/Controller is 1.11.20
Go App = 3.1.10 on a nexus 7 2013 tablet
I don't have any experience of Android product, but I'd try a relink of the RC to the AC. So what other diagnoses have you undertaken? Have you tried flying in a completely different location?
Unlike others views here, the amount of controllers or receivers "going bad" are extremely "uncommon", or there'd be far more discussions here on the subject, so if it is a hardware issue, as Fly Dawg linked, its more likely to be the camera transmission video board going down.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Also uninstall the app but make sure you also delete the left over folders too as that saves the settings even if you delete the app. Then reinstall the app and see what happens

Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4