Real test: iOS vs Android

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Here is my performance test of iOS vs Android device in term of using DJI.Go app. The objectives of this test are FPV smoothness, feedback speed, and maximum distance.
Why i wanna do this is because i have search for such test but none of them close to my requirement, while so many people claiming that iOS is better than android in almost all aspect. There's some test i found on some blogs, youtube, or forums but most of them explaining based on personal opinion, and none of them showing the comparison while A/C above the air.

I picked iPhone 5s and Samsung Galaxy S5 into the match for these reasons :
1. They have the lowest specs in the dji's supported devices list.
2. They're released on the same era.
3. They're the flagship phones of their respective brands.
4. Both of them available in my hand's reach.

And here are the test condition i've set :
1. Airplane mode.
2. Close all other apps.
3. Don't use screen recorder.
4. Same time, location, trajectory, and altitude.
5. No onboard camera video recording.

I have done this test twice on the other day. And the result seem to be consistent.

Sorry for the "autofocus" problem in the video, i asked my friend to do the recording job. And the verbal was spoken in bahasa indonesia language, but i put some english captions on it.

Please give me your thoughts... [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]

Last edited:
Reactions: Simzy666
Well done for doing this, I'll need to watch a few times to try make sure I get the points you make in the tests. I think your observations are not useful comparisons, as they don't compare the phone or OS - they occur (the things you observed) regardless, even if there was no phone connected or app running.

For example RTH - distance before it start, you observe is different on IOS and android - but the phone or OS has nothing to do with RTH distance - its when RC looses contact with Phantom - the phone or app just report it?? - same with weak signal. Sorry not a useful test

Last edited:
Well done for doing this, I'll need to watch a few times to try make sure I get the points you make in the tests. I think your observations are not useful comparisons, as they don't compare the phone or OS - they occur (the things you observed) regardless, even if there was no phone connected or app running.

For example RTH - distance before it start, you observe is different on IOS and android - but the phone or OS has nothing to do with RTH distance - its when RC looses contact with Phantom - the phone or app just report it?? - same with weak signal. Sorry not a useful test
Thank you for spending your time watch my video closelly.... [emoji4]

You said the RTH initiated regardless device used runing DJI.Go apps.
That's exactly what i'm thinking before doing this test. And i didn't expect this fact either. I was totally sure that signal range depends only on both R/C and A/C connection.
Kind of weird isn't it???

But i did this test twice...
1st day: i let GalaxyS5 go first and RTH @2,8km. And then iPhone5s go with 57% battery RTH @1,4km.
2nd day: I let iPhone5s go first and RTH @1,6km. And then GalaxyS5 go with 68% battery RTH @2,7km.

I do need explanation on this weird fact. But i can't figure it out my self. [emoji17] [emoji17] [emoji17]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl