Real reason for P3P $799 Price

Reaction score
Some...
of you may have had a chance to see now how DJI likes to not leak details on "when-where-and what" going on in the DJI world. Most of us that has owned DJI products for some time have picked up on DJI's habits which gives us some idea that things are being prepared to soon take place. We generally don't know exactly what it is, but most of the time at least know some thing is in the works.

I have found it to be unusual that the price of the P3P has recently has dropped to as much as $799 in such a short time.

dji360.jpg

They want the stock of the P3's off the shelf for a reason. Anyone with half a business mind knows you don't release a new product and then up-sale it by dropping to a blow out price on one of your other products. DJI has auctioned P3 "Lots" to so-called dealers at a fire sale price who are obviously making money with them other wise they wouldn't get involved. And again, this is for a reason.

djiWatch.jpg

I feel like it is finally for the kickass Concept-X we were given a sneak peak on back this past November. It was said the only thing holding it up was the addition of Collision Avoidance, which as we all know was just made available on the P4.

This my peeps will be one badass mofo!

Reactions: Fplvert
Is the Ebay one the latest version? Maybe someone got a bunch of early versions cheaper?
or returns. Or a business went under and the ebayer got a deal. Who knows. But DJI price is still $999

Reactions: RadRich
Nice find Frank!
image.jpeg
Phantom X, (drooling),
BY THE WAY, Frank, from another thread about chasing, I also like CATS, and BACON!
image.jpeg

Chester, an adopted scaredy cat; he must have been abused by someone, but he stays inside and seems content.

Wow, $799.00 for a P3P is a great buy!
That Phantom X would be very cool, indeed!

Holy crap.. Now that is an upgrade

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Reactions: Fplvert
Be Careful and READ THE DESCRIPTION. It says Wifi Connectivity and the Camera specs listed are 1080p. NOT 4K. Sounds fishy to me.....

Reactions: J. S.
There is no mystery or conspiracy here. Seems like business as usual to me. All companies that release scheduled upgrades to their products do this in a similar manor.

Lovely cat :)

Pricing drops to clear stock after a big product release is the norm in any industry. You just want them off the shelves. The P3P is now a liability for dealers etc so holding stock makes little sense.

So I'm thinking that this "concept x" product will be legislated out of the skies. While individuals want total freedom to express themselves, the people that rule the skies don't. CAA here in the UK, FAA in the US have already made their intentions clear, the rules about flying are getting tougher and more restrictive, not less so. IMO, the way DJI want us to use SUSA's is a long, long way from how they will be able to be used. Having said this, wow, what a great concept device :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Nice find Frank! Phantom X, (drooling),
BY THE WAY, Frank, from another thread about chasing, I also like CATS, and BACON!

Chester, an adopted scaredy cat; he must have been abused by someone, but he stays inside and seems content.

Wow, $799.00 for a P3P is a great buy!
That Phantom X would be very cool, indeed!
Now You need to get that hound suited up, and prepared for duty...
image.jpg

RedHotPoker

So I'm thinking that this "concept x" product will be legislated out of the skies. While individuals want total freedom to express themselves, the people that rule the skies don't. CAA here in the UK, FAA in the US have already made their intentions clear, the rules about flying are getting tougher and more restrictive, not less so. IMO, the way DJI want us to use SUSA's is a long, long way from how they will be able to be used. ...

I don't quite agree.

In the 1960s, **** Tracy was a popular comic strip. But he had this ridiculous thing on his wrist where he could talk to his fellow officers and also see their face while he talked. I knew there was no way this would ever happen in my lifetime. No way.

http://i1.huffpost.com/gen/2020310/thumbs/n-****-TRACY-large570.jpg

In 1991, I saw my first short, blurry, animated video on a computer. From my hard drive of course, because it was a mega file. No way this thing could ever be broadcast on something like the internet. The file is just too big. There's too much data to be sent at a speed that could broadcast it live. No way this will happen. Ever.

Now I Facetime with my daughter in SF every weekend. On Wifi. In color. It's just ridiculous. Things are moving so fast.

This is an emerging and growing technology. There is too much potential in autonomous flight. For example, look at Amazon's drone-delivery system goals. And now with obstacle avoidance, it seems even more possible that something like a concept x product could be permitted.

Reactions: PhantomPlanet
Awesome deal, I'm just a little weary of Ebay sellers. I wrecked my P3 last Saturday so I bought the Bird only from DJI for $709.
Yes. That is even better since you have remote. But using pal pal on eBay gives minimum. 60 days to return. Guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20