Real estate video. Critiques welcome

Reaction score
Just delivered this a few nights ago to a local realtor. She loves the video, but I'd love to hear some commentary from fellow phantom pilots. I wish the house was completed and the scenerey was more green, but what can you do? Your thoughts will be helpful for future video projects.

Reactions: OOO
I think you did a great job! The only comment is have is that when you show things like granite counters and hardwood floors, etc. that you'd cut to that. An Osmo would make a fine addition to your offerings :) of course you could then charge for both interior and exterior which means more money for you. Again good job!

Reactions: jofus
I think you did a great job! The only comment is have is that when you show things like granite counters and hardwood floors, etc. that you'd cut to that. An Osmo would make a fine addition to your offerings :) of course you could then charge for both interior and exterior which means more money for you. Again good job!

Yes, excellent idea with the osmo! I was thinking the same thing when I put the listing info in the video. I may invest in one soon.

Yes, excellent idea with the osmo! I was thinking the same thing when I put the listing info in the video. I may invest in one soon.
You could always by the mobile version, get a decent phone and by a plugin for noise reduction (low light grain) and you'd be good to go. Smooth, clean footage and easy to work with files. Keep it up!

Aerial shots with large dumpsters and construction next door would be a negative. The shots of the lake with no perspective on where the home is in relation to the lake are confusing. A pull back shot of the house that eventually shows the lake would be more appropriate. Ditto on some of the previous comments regarding interior amenities not shown in your video. Keep practicing!

I agree on the dumpsters and the porta-johns being in the shot. I was torn on showing the shot as-is or trying to work around some of the construction aspects. I agree though. Wish I could have done the video after construction was conplete.

I appreciate your feedback on the perspective aspect. In future I'll try to give a shot that gives frame of reference. Thanks!

Mixing in some interior shots, even if it was just some stills, when talking about the granite , cabinets, etc. would have been perfect.

And yes, it would have been nice to see a green golf course too.

Thanks for sharing!

Ending shot was excellent. I would have shown exactly where the house is in relation to the golf course. Then again it might get more people to come out to find that question out for themselves

I am a realtor and have been trying to produce videos like this with a P3 and a P4 and putting some stills in too. Keep going and your videos will develop and improve over time. As for the construction that's still ongoing, I've always said that there is no place to hide with aerial videos!

Its respectable that you are asking for advice. You will go far with that attitude. I am the marketing manager for a high end real estate company on Table Rock Lake in Missouri. My job is to make amazing videos for our super high end listings, sometimes I hire drone pilots... sometimes I do the work myself. Here are some thoughts on how I would approach/edit this video.

- Your shots are fine its all about editing.
- It could be about half as long - I try to keep mine around 1:15
- Also the shots need to be shorter, maybe speed them up in editing or just cut the shot earlier. Its all about the viewers attention.
- On winter shoots I like to turn the colors up in my editing software. Obviously you can only make it so pretty when everything is dead... but if it is a little more colorful it will at least be a little more appealing to look at.
-I like that you had facts about the home (bedroom/bathroom count etc) I often see drone videos that have no details about what will actually sell the property.
-MUSIC IS IMPORTANT! When your song sped up the video became twice as good. Real Estate videos live and die depending on the music that you have behind them. I've seen gorgeous homes that droned terribly because of awful boring songs.
- Need some interior shots just to show what the finishes will look like... Even if they are from a home that has been completed by the same builder (just notate that finishes will be comparable to this)

Overall nice work. Drone videos sell houses or at very least build a very solid brand for the Realtor.

Jeff

Here are some thoughts on how I would approach/edit this video.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. It's always appreciated! Watching my videos after they have aged a few months, you're definitely right about cutting length. I am also considering getting an Osmo mobile for some quick interior shots to mix in like you suggested. I've thrown the idea toward the customer in the video but they don't seem think it's necessary (I disagree after consideration). I guess seeing is believing.

Reactions: jeffwaitrealtor
Jofus: I would also invest in better music. The difference between free and fee is very noticeable. Your clients will pay a bit more for a higher product.

And to repeat the advice above, edit your clips to be shorter (think 5 seconds). Keeping the viewer’s attention is paramount. Also remember that a potential house buyer will likely have a number of properties to view.

It’s an odd colour of grass you have in the US. In the UK, the grass is green.

Good luck. Remember to be tough on yourself, being your fiercest critic. Then you’ll go from strength to strength.

I forgot to add: You could also much improve the lower thirds, making them look professional and even having your own style. In doing so, avoid gimmicks and keep it reasonably simple.

When you’ve done a dozen jobs or thereabouts, make a showreel to help gain new work/clients. Showing off your (best) work is the most successful form of advertising.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1