Real Estate photography

Reaction score
A friend, a realtor, asked me to do flyovers at her houses for sale and of surrounding neighborhoods. How difficult is it to get FAA permission to do this?

Thanks. On a degree of difficulty from 1 to 10 with 1 being the easiest....? I have a SEL license.

By "SEL" license, I'm assuming you mean you have an ASEL certificate. If so, that's a good thing since you need a valid airman certificate.

It's not hard to submit a petition for exemption -- and the other documents that go along with it. It is very time consuming though. Make sure you read the requirements careful and include everything in your petition. If you miss anything and/or forget to submit a document, the FAA will reply and let you know. That will no doubt increase your wait time by months though.

By "SEL" license, I'm assuming you mean you have an ASEL certificate. If so, that's a good thing since you need a valid airman certificate.

It's not hard to submit a petition for exemption -- and the other documents that go along with it. It is very time consuming though. Make sure you read the requirements careful and include everything in your petition. If you miss anything and/or forget to submit a document, the FAA will reply and let you know. That will no doubt increase your wait time by months though.

Anyone who's ever applied for BATFE/NFA stamps can do this standing on their heads. NFA average wait times are 4-6 months for approval. Every "I" has to be dotted and every "t" crossed and each error is another 2 weeks added to the wait time. ;)

I don't think the NFA is going to help here. You must submit a petition to the FAA. There is no other way.

I guess I phrased it ineptly. How much of a pain in the *** is to get a 333 for general residential real estate photography?

It'll be easy as long as you don't plan to fly in locations where people are around.

You will still need a pilots license after you get the 333...you are asking for exemption to certain FAA rules (type exceptance etc), you will not get a request approved if you ask to have someone other than a licensed pilot be the PIC on the drone

You will still need a pilots license after you get the 333...you are asking for exemption to certain FAA rules (type exceptance etc), you will not get a request approved if you ask to have someone other than a licensed pilot be the PIC on the drone
I have had an SEL for years.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31