ReadymadeRC Cable- Fatshark to Gopro 3 questions

Reaction score
Guess I'll ask this here since no one has any insight over in the fpv department.

Ok so I just picked this cable up. http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=1296 I have a Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition not the +. From what I've been researching its not a good idea to power the camera with the 5v red wire that is already on this cable. I personally would not want to power the camera, I would think the battery would be sufficient. Here are my questions

1. If I disconnect this red wire, what is the proper way of capping off so its not gonna affect anything?
2. Does the gopro camera use a lot more power when using FPV?
3. Heard some more stories that using the gopro camera for FPV is a bad idea. I'm using a tarot 2d gimbal is it possible to tape/velcro the fatshark camera to the side of the gopro on the gimbal or is that gonna be too much stress on the motors? I would like to be able to see exactly what I'm filming.

1. Pull the pin for the red cable out of the fatshark end of the connector, bend that back or clip it off, then wrap electrical tape around it. As long as it doesn't make contact with the pin on the transmitter, or any of the other leads on the cable, it's fine.

2. Not when you're just using it for FPV flying (video output only), but anytime you're recording is when it drains the fastest.

3. The recommendations against using a gopro for FPV relate to when it's the only visual reference you're using for flying the aircraft...like with goggles. This is because it can make it hard for you to judge distances and other spatial relationships. If you're filming with it and just using an FPV setup to frame your shots and keep a general sense of where the craft is, you should be fine using a gopro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav