Read BEFORE you buy from Phantomfilters.com

Reaction score
Purchased a polarizing lens for my phantom 4 and they send a cheap envelope with a round piece of plastic that I am supposed to unscrew my factory cover and slip this inside and there is my filter. What a joke....

IMG_0180.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    379.3 KB · Views: 526
That's exactly what they said they are selling though. No?

There is NO housing and charging $12.00 for a tiny slip of plastic.
Right. There is not supposed to be a housing. Here's a quote from their website (FYI):

"The filters install neatly behind the front UV-filter on the DJI Phantom 3 camera which unscrews."

Gel filters like these are either installed in front of or behind the UV filters. That's the norm for gel filters.

FWIW, I prefer screw-on filters. I'm just clarifying here since there is nothing to beware of.

Reactions: JBJO
Zero quality as well. Warning people that there is no housing. Everytime you change filters, that little slip of plastic is gone with the wind. And PhantomHelp. Thank you for always commenting on my posts. Your attention is most appreciated.

The only gel filters I've tried were the Ditzco filters. Like these, they are flimsy and need to be handled carefully. They are capable of doing the job though if saving money is a must-have.

If gel filters just aren't your thing though, then give a set of screw-on filters a shot. I reviewed many of them here.

I emailed them before ordering and they were COMPLETELY clear on what they were selling. I have these and they work great. FOR what you pay. I also own Polar Pros. They work great too and have an integrated housing. Costs more. You get what you pay for.

I have no problem spending the money. I guess my not paying attention to the sellers site taught me a lesson. I prefer to have a housing with my filters. Just makes the transition easier between filters.

Reactions: von Richthofen
Micro Center has the DJI screw on ones for $9.99. If you have one near you. I'm just trying to save you some aggravation and time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought a few gel filters for $5.00 from a member here in order to try them out. Personally, I don't see a difference but a lot of people use them. So I then spent about $45 on a set of 3 screw on filters.

Crane2u...a forum is a place of discussion....whether I was right or wrong....the comments from members have given me another avenue for filters. If you do not like what I post, please feel free to block me. I have stated the error was mine for not reading the site in its entirety . If you have nothing constructive to post, please, save your droll comments.

Whatever read before you buy ,and it was just a comment that's this forum is for right .I commented on that so future posters will read about a product before they post negative and incorrect stuff that is all have great day;))

i bought the same things when I needed to save a buck. they worked as expected until I saved up for some nicer screw ons. Zero complaints considering the price

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair