RC won't upgrade

Reaction score
Just upgraded the bird to 1.5.0011. That seemed to go well.

P3P:
RC: 1.2.6+
Aircraft: 1.5.0011

I am trying to upgrade the RC for the P3P. It absolutely refuses to see a BIN file. I have tried 2 different USB thumb drives and a uSD to USB reader with 3 different uSD cards. I even tried a multi-card reader with the uSD cards. Didn't expect that to work but tried anyway.

I have tried 1.3.20, 1.4.0010 and 1.05.0011 firmware versions. Yes, 1 BIN at a time.

The RC powers up, red light comes on. And thats all it does. I let it sit >5minutes many times. Nothing. Light never turns blue indicating its doing anything nor does it ever beep. Light remains red.

I even tried dropping the uSD card into the Phantom and jacking into the camera USB port. The camera goes limp when I power on the RC. The RC light turns green like it connected to the bird and just sits there. When I turn the RC off, the camera gimbal on the bird wakes up and goes back to horizontal. That tells me its connecting. Its just ignoring the BIN.

How the heck do I get the RC up to 1.5.0011? And do I need to go >1.2.6 for the litchi waypoints and other features to work?

Oh, and it NEVER creates a text file with the exception of when I had the card plugged into the bird and it was the bird's report, nothing about the RC. "Same or earlier" and all that.

it NEVER creates a text file with the exception of when I had the card plugged into the bird and it was the bird's report, nothing about the RC. "Same or earlier" and all that.
That means it did not try to install anything.

Does the DJI GO app prompt you to update the RC via the app? I know you need to have 1.3.2 installed before updating from the app, but I'm wondering if that's what you have installed now since your version is showing a plus.

That means it did not try to install anything.

Does the DJI GO app prompt you to update the RC via the app? I know you need to have 1.3.2 installed before updating from the app, but I'm wondering if that's what you have installed now since your version is showing a plus.

Yes GO wants to upgrade it. Heck, it always wants to upgrade. It, of course, can't because it has no internet access. I don't trust what it will do if it ever got on the net.

IDK what really is on there since that is the version it had when purchased at Best Buy. The bird had 1.1.9 with the controller 1.2.6. I have upgraded the bird to 1.5.0011 last night. And I didn't know if the RC unit with 1.2.6 and bird with 1.5.0011 would run the Litchi GS missions.

YIt, of course, can't because it has no internet access. I don't trust what it will do if it ever got on the net.
That's the next thing to try. Connect it to the Internet and try to update the RC from DJI GO. I suspect that'll work. Keep in mind that it'll install the latest version.

That's the next thing to try. Connect it to the Internet and try to update the RC from DJI GO. I suspect that'll work. Keep in mind that it'll install the latest version.

Yea, no it won't. As I said, I don't trust DJI nor GO as to what they will do if given internet access. So thats the end of the line. I don't trust it won't grab NFZ and geofencing files and shove them to the RC. I don't trust that it won't then send those to the bird next time I turn it on. The NFZ files get into the bird and I really think it has to come from the internet, through the RC to the bird. That is what I won't allow.

Well, then the best you can do is assume you have 1.3.2 on your RC now and be done with it. It's impossible to install newer updates on the RC via USB.

Well, I guess thats it then. I would rather fly without the Litchi GS stuff than not fly under the thumb of moronic NFZ data.

I hope I get a chance tomorrow to see if the Litchi stuff works on this RC and bird. Driving from Milwaukee to Florida tomorrow. I will be heading down I-65 and if the weather is good, I will stop in Indianna near the HUGE wind farm there.
Google Maps

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik