RC Won't Update.

Reaction score
The bird's firmware update went smooth. I extracted the 1.3.20 FW to the sd card after I formatted the sd card. That battery is full. I put the SD Card into the SD Card slot on the gimbal. Turned it on. Took about 20 minutes. Then went solid green. Took the SD Card out. Stuck it in my computer, the txt files indicated "success" for the fw update on the Phantom.

Now onto the Controller.

I clear the "success" txt file off the SD Card and stick the SD Card in to my into my controller, via combo sd card/thumb drive. I turn on the controller, wait 3 minutes.... nothing.

Help.

What am I doing wrong?

At step #32.

ah, OK.

I am doing that now. Connected then turned on the Phantom. let it start, then turned on the controller.

It's beeping and the lights go from red to amber. but the controller light is still green. Never went blue. It's still beeping as I type this. 5 minutes so far?

You can ignore the Phantom lights. What is beeping?

Did you already try updating your remote controller starting at step #14?

Ah. You might have to wait for the DJI GO app then. Some people were reporting that the firmware can only be installed via the DJI GO app for certain versions of the remote controller.

Yes. You should be fine since you're still using DJI Pilot.

I could never get the RC updated (light never went Blue) UNTIL i deleted DJI app on my iPad and re-installed. Then I used the app to updated the RC firmware and it worked fine. It was so frustrating because I tried every way possible before that. Hope it helps.

What has always worked for me is to format a USB memory stick, put the firmware on that completely empty drive, and then update the controller from that. Whenever I've omitted the formatting step, I've had results similar to what you're describing.

What has always worked for me is to format a USB memory stick, put the firmware on that completely empty drive, and then update the controller from that. Whenever I've omitted the formatting step, I've had results similar to what you're describing.
Just tried that... didn't work. I'll just wait until they get the GO app for the Android.

Just tried that... didn't work. I'll just wait until they get the GO app for the Android.

Are you waiting a minute or two? It doesn't start updating right away. I believe it mentions 60 seconds in the manual. It's painfully long delay, where you have no feedback.

Are you waiting a minute or two? It doesn't start updating right away. I believe it mentions 60 seconds in the manual. It's painfully long delay, where you have no feedback.
Yeah. I waited about five minutes.

The RC started beeping from being idle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20