RC won't charge unboxing

Reaction score
Hi guys just got a p3a from Best Buy on sale at $899 CDN to find that the remote won't charge!! Best Buy has said when I bought it they won't take open box as return/refund. I contacted dji and confirmed i need to send it in to get a replacement one but could take weeks as the are in LA. I bought this drone for our SE Asia trip in 2 weeks. Hope Best Buy will do the right thing and help us out tomorrow but I do have my concerns. I heard they don't buy direct from DJI so that is why DJI isn't too helpful...So upsetting ....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Please press the plug again , and try charging.

If it doesn't work again then think of returning.

Sorry what do you mean by plug? I've inserted the charger in different sockets and made sure it was plugged in well but it seems to charge for about 15 secs then it goes black!

Remote not charging we just found the solution today guys .. there are 3 components that need to be replaced ..
17353457_306033506480786_7249389104320971858_n.jpg

Sorry what do you mean by plug? I've inserted the charger in different sockets and made sure it was plugged in well but it seems to charge for about 15 secs then it goes black!

There had been reports of the plug not fitting snuggly into the charging port on the RC. Once yo get it in, try to apply some gentle but firm pressure to the plug. IF that doesn't work, then it would seem pretty obvious that you have a problem RC that will need to be returned. if BB won't take it back (maybe you can talk them into switching it out with one from another 'open box' unit), sending to DJI is probably your only recourse. I wonder if that's why the unit was open box in the first place - some one returned a broken system for refund/replacement and BB just put it back onto shelf! Do you have enough juice in the controller to try firing up and registering the bird with DJI - if already registered, that would mean that it was a return (used) and someone there (BB) probably knew that there was a problem with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj