RC will not update

Reaction score
Got my new P3 today. So exciting. Decided to update the firmware as per most Web instructions I had read and the phantom updated without incident. Took the text file off, inserted the sd card in the remote and.... Nothing. Doesn't matter what I try it will not start updating. Yes it's in the root, yes I have tried different sd cards and usb sticks, different sd to usb adaptors and nothing works. Please help. Would love to know what to do.

Reactions: Panda
you have the most recent version of the FW installed on your controller. go fly.

What does the text file say??
There should be 2 - phantom and remote.

What version are you on according to the TXT files in the root of the card? Or from your app?

TBH I wouldn't even bother about upgrading to the current latest version, just fly with whatever you have and keep an eye out for the next version.I'd even wait a week or two then in case there are further issues introduced.

You'll not be missing any new features, and if anything you'll just be introducing issues.

Got my new P3 today. So exciting. Decided to update the firmware as per most Web instructions I had read and the phantom updated without incident. Took the text file off, inserted the sd card in the remote and.... Nothing. Doesn't matter what I try it will not start updating. Yes it's in the root, yes I have tried different sd cards and usb sticks, different sd to usb adaptors and nothing works. Please help. Would love to know what to do.

Hi I have a P3A and if you are trying to update to v1.2.8 there is no update in it for the controller. There is a update note on the page you got the update from that tells you this. So if this is the date yor are working with you are good to go. I got a email from DJI telling me that it was safe to fly.
go getem

Thanks! What is the latest update for the controller? I just received mine yesterday, want to make sure it is on the latest version. I'll have to look to see where I can find what version the controller is on too. Thanks for the help!

I have the Same problem I can not get the firmware to install. The DJI app says it has firmware version 1.1.5 and as you can see DJI support sucks. not that you didn't know.
Untitled.png

Thanks! What is the latest update for the controller? I just received mine yesterday, want to make sure it is on the latest version. I'll have to look to see where I can find what version the controller is on too. Thanks for the help!

Hi I looked all over and I could not find where it tells the update for the controller. DJI said the app tell's the plain version update and they also said the app would tell you if the controller was not updated. I wated a week befor I flew my quad I wanted to get info from DJI first I hope this help's you. Good luck

I just received my P3A on Wednesday and the aircraft updated no problem, but couldn't get the RC to start the update. I decided to try to fire it up anyways and everything has worked fine.

Another user on FB said he was told by DJI that the 300B version of the RC will have it's firmware updated through the Pilot App, but that feature isn't ready to be deployed yet.

I just received my P3A on Wednesday and the aircraft updated no problem, but couldn't get the RC to start the update. I decided to try to fire it up anyways and everything has worked fine.

Another user on FB said he was told by DJI that the 300B version of the RC will have it's firmware updated through the Pilot App, but that feature isn't ready to be deployed yet.
The controller is probably already updated. Try it out, keep it close for a couple of flights to make sure everything is working alright.

I did the same and so far is flying pretty smooth.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj