RC update issue

Reaction score
Aircraft updated to new FW no problem. But nothing is happening when I try to update the RC. I inserted the SD card in the USB via a card reader. Turn on but nothing happens. No beeping and no blue LED. I also tried putting the bin file on a USB thumb drive and tried it that way. After a long while it starts beeping slow but I think that is a notification that the controller was left on and not connected to the aircraft. Any suggestions what to try next?
I have watched the You Tube tutorial

The RC is updated by the app while connected to the internet.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER and Oso
Aircraft updated to new FW no problem. But nothing is happening when I try to update the RC. I inserted the SD card in the USB via a card reader. Turn on but nothing happens. No beeping and no blue LED. I also tried putting the bin file on a USB thumb drive and tried it that way. After a long while it starts beeping slow but I think that is a notification that the controller was left on and not connected to the aircraft. Any suggestions what to try next?
There are many outdated YouTube tutorial videos demonstrating old procedures, especially how to update FW. For example, using a USB stick to update your RC has not been the correct process for quite some time. That process was changed back in Q3 of 2015 with FW 1.3.2. Now it is done through the app as noted here and a moment ago by @Fly Dawg

Last edited:
If you run into any trouble with updating the firmware in the future, I have detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Reactions: Simzy666
Thank You, I've only had this a month and thought I had done all my research.
Hey Steve, if you are interested check out this link for a few other tips I often share with new owners. You may already know many of them, but since the outdated FW process is one of the tips, perhaps there will be one or two others you haven't come across yet. Cheers sir.

Just a couple of notes from when I started using this drone. I needed to remember to check the app for what was actually on the AC, controller, etc. Sometimes I already had it installed.

Also, the new firmware caused a glitch that stated weak signal, etc. (ame thing y0ou get berfore you turn on the AC for flight. Found that all I needed to do was re-pair the controller and the AC. Worth a try if someone has a similar glitch.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik