RC tablet wobble

Reaction score
After months of frustration with my tablet wobbling on the P3 I decided to look on Amazon for the metal replacement bracket that was supposed to cure all. After I took off my stock bracket and looked it over I realized the plastic one seems rigid enough and the real problem was too much play in the front mount. I dug around in my spare washer can and found one that would fit the front hole and voila, I have a dozen flights with a firm mount on my RC for a penny. The washer I used was approximately 7/16" with a 9/32" center hole.

1) Remove mount
2) Set washer in the front hole
3) Start the threads on the front mount
4) Reinstall the rear screw and tighten
5) Finger tighten the front knurled knob

Reactions: Numone
Sounds like a nice fix if it works for you!

Mine was not as wobbly but more floppy; my tablet would not stay in position.:eek: Even after tightening the pivot screw, my Shield tablet would tip forward or backward easily.

TACO-RC Aluminium Tablet holder bracket

The TACO RC one has another lanyard attachment point which helps the RC balance, and nice stiff stepped pivot; no more floppy tablet!

Sounds like a nice fix if it works for you!

Mine was not as wobbly but more floppy; my tablet would not stay in position.:eek: Even after tightening the pivot screw, my Shield tablet would tip forward or backward easily.

TACO-RC Aluminium Tablet holder bracket

The TACO RC one has another lanyard attachment point which helps the RC balance, and nice stiff stepped pivot; no more floppy tablet!

Yep Taco RC mount worked perfectly for me!

Reactions: Fplvert

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr