RC signal weak

Reaction score
Hi

Having just received my phantom 3 other day I'm getting to grips with i well but it seems I can't go higher than 185 metres and distance wise I lost RC signal at 310 metres away. Is this normal?? I stay in a remote region with no interference from other signals. Anyone have any solutions??

Neil

Neil,
Scroll down to the bottom of this page, you will see similar threads to what you are asking about. I am sure there will be something in those threads to help you out.
The standard has been known to have issues with the connector inside not being secured. This may or may not be your problem. Best thing to do is to go through the threads below and see what others have done.
Good Luck.

the distance issues are hit or miss. i dont think video is a big problem for most. its the flight distance. stock setups are getting erratic distances. some get way beyond what its claimed. some get a lot worse. some have success with the controler mods, some it makes it worse. its a gamble really. youre best bet right now, is to make one of the windsurfers and attach it to your controller. youre out about 15 minutes time and a dollar in supplies.

Reactions: mcphipps
the distance issues are hit or miss. i dont think video is a big problem for most. its the flight distance. stock setups are getting erratic distances. some get way beyond what its claimed. some get a lot worse. some have success with the controler mods, some it makes it worse. its a gamble really. youre best bet right now, is to make one of the windsurfers and attach it to your controller. youre out about 15 minutes time and a dollar in supplies.

Agreed.
This is where I would start as well.
I only have the ARGtek, so I can't comment on the DBS.

185 metres up if close to your home point a lightbridge phantom will have connection issues also, even with the remote pointed at it. The antennas are vertically polarised, worst case being directly above where the antennas on the bird will be 90deg off optimum. As to range generally you havent said where you are flying but if the there are other wifi routers, cordless phones etc around this is pretty much the performance you ahould expect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20