RC Signal Lost

Reaction score
RC Signal Lost (I have checked all the other links they don't help)

-Updated Drone (1.8.80)
-Connected Controller (assuming a prompt to update controller would appear, didn't appear)
-No control over starting propellers, but am able to camera view and able to tilt camera to right and left
-Re-linked controller - 'RC Signal Lost' still showing on DJI GO app screen
-Tried reinstalling 1.8.80 on drone - successful
-Deleted and reinstalled DJI GO app - still no luck updating controller

Please help! This is the first problem I have had since I bought it over a year and half ago!

same here... upgraded at 9am today and have the same exact problem you do... tried same troubleshooting with no results... never had an issue upgrading until now...

Fully exactly same, updated like 3 hours ago here, where I am, and about to throw something through the window ha quite frustrating really

arrankeady, did you try upgrading the remote controller firmware from both your iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 6 Plus? If not, try the other device to see if the same thing happens there.

P3 Pro... It does not prompt me to update the RC firmware - the status area on the app is BLANK

Ok. I have a P3S that had RC signal loss also. But it only updates thru the Go App. I formatted the SD card, and deleted and reinstalled the Go App about a dozen times before a firmware update bar appeared. Once downloaded and installed it was ok. But, it was firmware update 1.6.80. , not 1.8.80. Not sure if any of this helps, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Having a very similar issue. Upgraded to 1.8 on the aircraft...now getting RC signal Lost on DJI Go App. The symptoms mine is showing are as follows:

- RC SIGNAL LOST on app.
- Log file confirms 1.8 was installed on Aircraft.
- No method will upgrade the RC (GL300C) tried the usb stick, sd and cable method.
- RC Link lights blinking red and green.
- Gimbal status light on front is Green.
- App connects fine, shows picture but does not show update.
- Tried the academy fix, that says failed to find firmware.
- Go app does not show Firmware for aircraft and RC unit.
- Tried to downgrade to 1.7 but aircraft will not allow it.

Just spoke to DJI support...surprised at how helpful they were. They get somewhat of a bad rap on here, but actually they were super helpful. We confirmed that the copter was at the latest FW 1.8 using the hidden log file in the MISC folder. Tried lots of different workarounds until we hit it...

You may have seen the C1, C2 reset procedure, I certainly had, unfortunately it seems its been somewhat adjusted with chinese forum whispers!

The procedure I used on guidance from DJI was as follows (ensure props are off):

1. Connect Phantom to PC, Power on and Format SD Card using the usual Windows Format (Right click on the drive, format, EX FAT)
2. Turn the phantom off.
3. Turn the RC controller on. Do not connect to your iPad/iPhone/Android just yet.
4. With the controller already on press and hold C1,C2 and the Shutter Button, turn the controller off whilst holding these buttons. Turn the controller back on whilst still holding them.
5. Plug Tablet/Phone back in and start DJI GO app.
6. Connect to camera and click on status bar, my Firmware update was there waiting for me.
7. Update the firmware...

Hopefully this will work for others, it made a world of difference to me! It allowed the app to see the FW status of the RC Controller and Aircraft for the first time!

After the update was finished i was left with 1.6 on the RC and 1.8 on the Copter. RC SIGNAL LOSS HAS GONE!!!

Ok. I have a P3S that had RC signal loss also. But it only updates thru the Go App. I formatted the SD card, and deleted and reinstalled the Go App about a dozen times before a firmware update bar appeared. Once downloaded and installed it was ok. But, it was firmware update 1.6.80. , not 1.8.80. Not sure if any of this helps, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

So do we need to format sd card through dji go or through computer? As far as i understandafter formatting it will again ask for firmware update. Ami right? Because i already have the all in one firmware. And having signal lost in 200 meters

SM-T710 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Format with Windows, this post above is new info.

Added: Yo, this is Professional Thread, not a Standard.

So do we need to format sd card through dji go or through computer? As far as i understandafter formatting it will again ask for firmware update. Ami right? Because i already have the all in one firmware. And having signal lost in 200 meters

SM-T710 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
The standard can be formatted thru the GoApp. As for the signal loss, is there anything that could be blocking, or interfering with the signal, i.e. Metal, trees, buildings, towers, etc? If you have signal to 200 meters I don't think it's a sd format issue.

The standard can be formatted thru the GoApp. As for the signal loss, is there anything that could be blocking, or interfering with the signal, i.e. Metal, trees, buildings, towers, etc? If you have signal to 200 meters I don't think it's a sd format issue.

Actually i was getting over 1000 meters but now only max. 200 meters and i fly over a lake.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Well, since I am out of ideas I will defer this topic to the more educated in this subject. Guys,....you're up....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20