Rc signal lost

Reaction score
I am looking at maybe buying a P3A and they say the only thing wrong with it is they keep getting an " rc signal lost " warning.

What does that signify - other than the obvious?

I believe it is a guy selling it for a friend or something and they are not too sure what's what.

Thanks in advance.

Normally you should not get that message.

It could be as serious as a bad transmitter or as simple as he just doesn't have the antennas positioned properly! Double check the proper position for the RC antenna (flat edges toward the bird) and test fly it. If the antennas are OK and it starts losing signal at unacceptable ranges (should easily go out over 1000 yards with no loss), there's likely a problem that will be $$$ to fix! It would. Be great if you had a second RC that you could link to the bird and test. Could help point to where the problem is.

It could be as serious as a bad transmitter or as simple as he just doesn't have the antennas positioned properly! Double check the proper position for the RC antenna (flat edges toward the bird) and test fly it. If the antennas are OK and it starts losing signal at unacceptable ranges (should easily go out over 1000 yards with no loss), there's likely a problem that will be $$$ to fix! It would. Be great if you had a second RC that you could link to the bird and test. Could help point to where the problem is.

If it is a bad rc, that wouldn't actually cost that much. Would it? Compared to the cost of a bad copter? I might be able to get the whole package for a song and then just replace the rc and I would still be way ahead, cost wise. So, if this message popped up on your screen, what would you check first?

what would you check first?
If this happened when flying LOS, I'd try using a different remote controller to verify whether or not that is the cause of the problem.

If you don't want to take a gamble, you could buy a refurbished P3A from DJI here. Their refurbished Phantoms come with a full warranty. Or try to find a P3A being sold locally so you can try it before you buy it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj