RC Signal Lost

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to Drones :) With my very recently purchased Standard 3, I am finding its losing RC Signal mid flight in between 30 to 40metres straight above or side flying. Is there anything we can do? It made me do a Firmware update at first set up so we are on 1.7.90. It's not on beginner mode either. Thanks

Aim antennas straight up and parallel to each other at 90 degrees to the drone. When it's right above you aim 90 degrees to where its at. Antennas always need to be at 90 degrees to the drone wherever it's at.

Here's a good video showing how the antenna should be positioned:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
And for gosh sakes... don't drape lead sheeting over the antennas!

Laughs.

Hmm... I also have a Phantom 3 Standard on 1.7.90 but I can go around 400-500 meters away. Are you in an area with high interference (like a city)? Maybe try flying in a different area. I know many people have reported issues like this with the various firmware versions but I personally have had no issues. Good luck! If signal isn't improved in an open area you might want to contact DJI directly.

I have just experienced the same problem. I flew yesterday with no problems. I am flying in a remote area where I have done most of my flights. Today the problem started for the first time. I fly out about 50m and the bird stops and hovers, then starts to RTH. One time I had signal loss at 21m up and about 10m from launch point. Very confused, anyone with ideas please help.

Same here, P3S. Flew great for the first 30 or so days, even over 400'. Between flights on *same* day started the "lost signal RTH". Been same ever since. 1) Sinc'ed RC to Bird several times already, no change. 2) Same with both batteries. 3) Same any area flown in. 4) Deleted and re-installed the app, problem exists. 5) No joy on replacing existing firmware in bird. (Will not take) Completely baffled as to why this problem just cropped up.

Need help guys. Just bought a phantom3 pro and all of a sudden it says rc signal loss. Sometimes when I turn it on. It gives me camera and some times it doesn't. I have no flight controls and the drone just flashes yellow. I've tried everything I could find on YouTube and dji help but to no relief. I hope I'm not stuck with an $800 strobe light.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers