RC signal loss at short range

Reaction score
I have had several successful flights with my phantom after I got it at Christmas time. I updated the firmware as instructed. No issues at all until yesterday when the RC link would drop out at a range of about 30-50 metres.

I tried re pairing the controller and tried several different devices one iOS and 2x android in case there was a problem.

The antenna was pointing the right direction. Like I say seems very strange as it was working totally fine and now the range is terrible. There have been no further firmware updates since the initial one in December.

The phantom always tried to RTH after the signal is lost from the controller.

The p3 had sat in its box from when I last flew it about 3 weeks prior when it performed perfectly with no issues.

If this is in the wrong section I will gladly move it.

Wow, Its in the correct section, I surprised I missed this and nobody else has replied.

I have read your post many times, the only thing I can think of is the antenna wire in the remote control.

My problem (I believe was connected to a firmware update)

Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

Then make your way down to #16

Here is a search that Dirk is stating the cable for the antenna is to short.

Search Results for Query: tight string | DJI Phantom Forum[user][0]=10986

There are more picts and talk you can find, related to Loosing signal on a P3S.

Reactions: The Judge77
Wow, Its in the correct section, I surprised I missed this and nobody else has replied.

I have read your post many times, the only thing I can think of is the antenna wire in the remote control.

My problem (I believe was connected to a firmware update)

Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

Then make your way down to #16

Here is a search that Dirk is stating the cable for the antenna is to short.

Search Results for Query: tight string | DJI Phantom Forum[user][0]=10986

There are more picts and talk you can find, related to Loosing signal on a P3S.

Thanks for your reply! I will be sure to check all these things out. I am away from home for 3 weeks but I will post back what I find.

Reactions: The Judge77

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20