RC - Phantom Terminology

Reaction score
There's a good number of acronyms used by Phantom pilots on here. Anyone want to define the major ones for newbies?

Example, what does FPV stand for? I know that it has to do with transmitting video image to a receiver with a FTP or something like that monitor.

How about ATTI?

Thanks!

FPV. First person View
LOS. Line of site
Atti. Attitude Control
FC. Flight Controller
FW. Firmware
SOL. **** out of luck

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above plus...

TX - Transmitter
RX - Reciever
vTX - Video Transmitter
vRX - Video Reciever
ESC - Electric Speed Control
CPA - Circular Polarized
LiPo - Lithium Polymer (battery)
RTH - Return to home
RTF - Ready to Fly
T8J, 8FG, DX8 - 3 models transmitters. First T8J and 8FG are Futaba, DX8 is Spektrum.
IOC - Intellegent Orientation Control
HL - Home Lock (a form of IOC)
CL - Course Lock (another form of IOC)
GPS - Global Satelite Positioning
NAZA - the DJI internal Flight Control System in a Phantom
OSD - On screen display (for FPV)
IMU - Inertial Measurement Unit (used to stabalise the craft)
DJI - a company that makes great products but seem to suck at customer service :lol: (based on others opinions i should state... not had to deal with this issue - yet!)

Oh and a few of general chatting ones:

IMO - In my opinion
PITA - Pain in the arse
IIRC - If i recall correctly

Before you are RTF make sure your LiPo is good then let your IMU warm up. If you are using FPV via a vTX you don't need LOS but you can still get lost if your TX is in the wrong ATTI or even IOC. This is because your NAZA FC uses GPS (don't forget to update your FW). If all else fails try HL or even RTH.
If you want more range try a T8J with a CP on your vRX (you can make them but its a PITA). Maybe better to get a DX8 so you don't need OSD to know if your Lipo nearly DOA?

edunwody said:
FPV. First person View
LOS. Line of site
Atti. Attitude Control
FC. Flight Controller
FW. Firmware
SOL. **** out of luck

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, I know the "SOL" one! Hahaha. I just did some more test flight in my small backyard. Geeez, trying to get use to directional control takes getting use to. Crashed into fence and house wall several times! Even the carbon blades take a licking. Good thing for the blade guards that I had installed.

DeweyAXD said:
As above plus...

TX - Transmitter
RX - Reciever
vTX - Video Transmitter
vRX - Video Reciever
ESC - Electric Speed Control
CPA - Circular Polarized
LiPo - Lithium Polymer (battery)
RTH - Return to home
RTF - Ready to Fly
T8J, 8FG, DX8 - 3 models transmitters. First T8J and 8FG are Futaba, DX8 is Spektrum.
IOC - Intellegent Orientation Control
HL - Home Lock (a form of IOC)
CL - Course Lock (another form of IOC)
GPS - Global Satelite Positioning
NAZA - the DJI internal Flight Control System in a Phantom
OSD - On screen display (for FPV)
IMU - Inertial Measurement Unit (used to stabalise the craft)
DJI - a company that makes great products but seem to suck at customer service :lol: (based on others opinions i should state... not had to deal with this issue - yet!)

Oh and a few of general chatting ones:

IMO - In my opinion
PITA - Pain in the arse
IIRC - If i recall correctly

Before you are RTF make sure your LiPo is good then let your IMU warm up. If you are using FPV via a vTX you don't need LOS but you can still get lost if your TX is in the wrong ATTI or even IOC. This is because your NAZA FC uses GPS (don't forget to update your FW). If all else fails try HL or even RTH.
If you want more range try a T8J with a CP on your vRX (you can make them but its a PITA). Maybe better to get a DX8 so you don't need OSD to know if your Lipo nearly DOA?

Excellent. Thank you for all that! I had to read your last paragraph and return to the acronym list! :lol:

Gawd, and I thought NASA was bad for acronyms. SHEESE The scariest thing I had to deal with was a BFRC, and kudos to anyone who knows what that is !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers