RC not turning on

Reaction score
Today im having a problem with the remote it won't turn on but when I turn the wifi on to connect to my phone it shows up like it's connected. I turned the drone on and connected to the dji app but it says RC lost signal. I can not take off or move the camera. I flew the drone yesterday with no problems. Has anyone had this problem before?

Plugged the RC in to see if it was the charge but nothing happens no lights turn on

All good now I disconnected the battery and reconnected it and it's working again
20171108_125724.jpg
20171108_130709.jpg

Well done. You know, there's a way to reset these controllers. You have to press 3-4 buttons at once (can't remember which ones atm). I wonder if that would have worked...

And that's a rare shot. There are not many images of a P3 4K controller with the top off. I always wondered how the wifi antennas worked on that. Following the grey 2.4 ghz antenna cables, it appears one of the antennas does double duty - sharing 5.8 with 2.4 although the 2.4 would switch as needed. I wonder what's actually inside that white antenna casing? Thanks for posting.

Well done. You know, there's a way to reset these controllers. You have to press 3-4 buttons at once (can't remember which ones atm). I wonder if that would have worked...

And that's a rare shot. There are not many images of a P3 4K controller with the top off. I always wondered how the wifi antennas worked on that. Following the grey 2.4 ghz antenna cables, it appears one of the antennas does double duty - sharing 5.8 with 2.4 although the 2.4 would switch as needed. I wonder what's actually inside that white antenna casing? Thanks for posting.
Yeah I have read you can reset the controller but it didn't say how so I thought disconnecting the battery would be my best bet. I thought the battery might of been dead and or puffed up but that was not the case.
I have a extra controller from my first P3 4K that got stuck on a cliff in a tree so i can use that for spare parts if needed. Can I use my controller from my old 4K with my new one? I tried but it didn't connect to the phantom.

Not much in the antenna casing just a little circuit board doesn't look like much to it.

Oh and the controller is working perfect I tested it yesterday and with no problems and still working today.
What happens if the controller stops working while flying the drone, since the controller went limp I keep thinking of the worst case scenarios lol

If you controller goes dead or something, the AC will RTH.

You can use your old controller but you'd have to link it. And that means the controller that's linked now would no longer be linked.

Hi heres a pic inside one ,,,not much,,
1510261587681-14856019.jpg
1510261720980-1774668289.jpg

Reactions: Steve27
And btw, be advised that cute little metal clip that holds the lanyard to the controller will break with time...

I see Steve has a second clip on there... smart...

Reactions: Steve27
If you controller goes dead or something, the AC will RTH.

You can use your old controller but you'd have to link it. And that means the controller that's linked now would no longer be linked.
Ok thanks I wasn't sure if you could link a different controller.

Yeah the lanyard had two when I bought it. Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your feedback.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Please don't confuse the P3S with the P34K. The controllers are different inside. Technically they're the same regarding the frequencies used, but the 2.4 ghz antennas are different.

In the photo above, which is a photo of a P3S controller, the black cables carry the 2.4 ghz FPV/telemetry signal. The grey cable carries the 5.8 control signal.

I'm seeing the same RC problem Steve27 reported with my P3 4K and have found a number of other web posts involving disconnecting the battery. Since I'm still under warranty I've initiated a repair request with DJI but hold little hope that they will actually fix my RC with an revised version (if they do however, that raises some interesting questions for other P3 4K owners).
Question - does this battery disconnect 'fix' solve the problem permanently or is it one of those bugs that will resurface periodically when you least want it to?

Cheers

I'm seeing the same RC problem Steve27 reported with my P3 4K and have found a number of other web posts involving disconnecting the battery. Since I'm still under warranty I've initiated a repair request with DJI but hold little hope that they will actually fix my RC with an revised version (if they do however, that raises some interesting questions for other P3 4K owners).
Question - does this battery disconnect 'fix' solve the problem permanently or is it one of those bugs that will resurface periodically when you least want it to?

Cheers
Definitely if you are still under warranty see what dji can do.
Not 100% sure if it permanently fixes it but I have not had that problem again since I disconnected the battery it's been working fine. That was the first and only problem I have had with the P3 4k and I've had it for over a year and clocked up heaps of flying time, it has definitely paid for it's self.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20