RC not connecting to ipad

Reaction score
new P3 Professional user.
have flown 6 or so flights.
Using my iphone, it worked fine. The I connected the phone to a different P3 and it worked. Then connected back to the original P3 and the phone would not connect/display camera view or any of the options that you can access thru the APP.
Then upgraded the app on my phone and it still is not connecting.

I have since tried to update the firmware. I can get the P3 to show me a successful txt file, but I do not get one for the RC.

I have tried loasding the firmware to the RC using both a USB stick and the cable.

I am going to try from the earliest firmware and reload them one by one onto both the P3 and the remote but have tried this before and the txt file said I cannot go back??

any suggestions?? I need to know if this is going to ground my fleet and if I should send them back. I work in a school/university where we just got 15 P3's and if they dont work or take this much tech time then I might need to recommend returning them.

thanks
-joe

so go to the first update 1.19 and load to quad, then to remote.
then 1.2.6 then remote
then 1.3.2 then remomte
then 1.4 and no remote update?

I feel like I'm getting it and then I try to fire it up and the ipad says disconnected. Do I have to have good GPS for my remote to connect to my phone? I guess not and that the RC/ipad connection is controlled by the RC firmware not GPS.

you can skip 1.2.6 and go from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 then 1.4.

just pulled this txt file off the last attempted upgade.

anyone shed some light on what it means and where I might be??

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 496
so go to the first update 1.19 and load to quad, then to remote.
then 1.2.6 then remote
then 1.3.2 then remomte
then 1.4 and no remote update?

I feel like I'm getting it and then I try to fire it up and the ipad says disconnected. Do I have to have good GPS for my remote to connect to my phone? I guess not and that the RC/ipad connection is controlled by the RC firmware not GPS.

Don't turn the controller on it your are updating the Phantom.
If you are updating the Controller-- turn the Phantom off.

I am beyond frustrated. went thru all the firmware upgrade on the RC and have sucess with 1.3.2 and still does not connect to the ipad.

I am beyond frustrated. went thru all the firmware upgrade on the RC and have sucess with 1.3.2 and still does not connect to the ipad.
so you now have 1.3.2 on the Controller with the latest version of the DJI App and 1.4.1 on the Phantom??

I am going to upload the 1.4 into the drone again.
I am loading the using the cable, so I just did each upgrade to the RC. Now goong back and make sure the 1.4 is left in the drone. without the ipad I cannot see what version the RC is running, like I am flying blind in more ways than others.

newest txt file.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

this was after I got 1.3 onto the RC, then flashed 1.4 to the drone and this was the txt

I am attempting to reload it using a uSB drive, after sitting with USB connected it has red LED and slow beep...which I think it does when it does not connect to the P3

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB 2.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 342
I have been reformatting it every time.
format
drag bin file to SD card/USB
eject

So I am guessing that I am not getting into the RC. will try another USB

Some thumb drives will not work--

I just tried again using the P3 and cable, the txt files shows a success for 1.3

charging my batteries and will try again to get it in the air!

so using ipad cannot even get option to get camera view
switch to my iphone 5 and I can access the camera view, but the camera still shows nothing...here is the kick, the map is showing the correct GPS location in the bottom left corner of the camera view.

so I still cannot connect to the phone/ipad to the RC and get the camera to connect.

should I just box it up and send it back??

A little off:

From 1.1.9, never read anywhere, that i can`t jump directly to 1.4. And that was what i did. No issues.
Can`t you try with other device? An android from someone you know?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj