RC needs upgrade all the time

Reaction score
Hi

Iphone 6/ipad mini 2. All was updated successful with new firmware. But still after everytime turning on the RC the app says that firmware needs upgrade. You do it, and all is fine after. But after you turn of the app and restart the RC - again asks for firmware.

What can be the reason for this?

Attachments

• 1460191717254.jpg
    1460191717254.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 413
What order do you start things up? I had the same issue recently and another member posted that you had to power things up in a certain order: turn on the RC, turn on the Phantom and then turn on the Go app. If you have the Go app running during the power up sequence you can get the result you are seeing. Make sure it isn't running in the background -
Try it and see if it works for you.

Friends, I had exactly the same problems and tried all the solutions discussed by other fellow phantom enthusiasts.
After upgrading the latest firmware, aircraft upgrade indicated success but the RC always indicates need for firmware upgrade. Got an nvidia shield today, connected it to the RC with the DJI supplied cable. With WiFi on, I was able to download an upgrade for the controller! Did a quick check on acft and controller. Shield tablet indicated latest firmware installed. Systems and LED indicate normal. After compass calibration...looking forward to fly! Don't forget to use the cables that came with your DJI. It worked for me and am sure it would work fine with friends having the same problem. Happy Flying!

I don't know what to tell you - I went back and forth with DJI support for a couple of weeks with this and they never did figure out an answer. Although the manual doesn't state it in a emphatic way, it does say that starting the Go app is the final step. When I upgraded to 1.7.6 & 1.5.8 I started getting the "Need to upgrade the RC" notice immediately - it happened about half the time I started things up. When I used the order I talked about in post 4 above, it worked every time. I purposely tested it by shutting down the RC and the Phantom and then restarting with the Go app already running - even in the background, and it would fail every time. My personal opinion is that this became critical with the 1.7.6 firmware update. It was never a problem before and I can't believe I managed to start things correctly by accident every time in the past and then started messing it up half the time with that upgrade. Are you sure that you have the Go app completely shut down? Just leaving the app doesn't shut it down. You have to double click the Start button and then "swipe" it closed. Hope I'm not offending you with common knowledge but I remember when someone showed that to me.......o_O

Reactions: t2adze
I have been getting the same message but the App shows I have the latest updates on drone, RC and App.
I just went and flew. Everything seemed to work OK.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub