RC LED Green.....

Reaction score
Sorry haven't been on for a while, I've researched this and found no real answers even from DJI. My non-vision P2 with older style RC when turned on, the LED has been red, now since the latest update 03/12/14, the RC LED is green and beeps 3 when turned on.

Yes it's the P2 software, not vision, it's set to "basic" version under RC on the P2 *** not "upgrade". Yet it flies fine, does all the things it's suppose to, any ideas?

Many thanks and safe flying, Mark

Hey q8f1.
I saw the same thing when I downloaded the new software. Freaked me out.
I contacted DJI and got this last response.

I asked if the 1.0.1.24 was safe to fly using my DJ6 controller. If not how could I reset the controller to factory default.
I copied the email word for word below....

Dear Joe,

regarding your questions,

1. 1.0.1.24 operates safely in the DJ6 controller... We have tested that before the firmware was released.
2. yes, you can also test the gimbal movement and also connect the Phantom to assistant software, and test whether your remote controller works well on the RC calibration.
3&4. do you mean whether you can switch back to 1.0.1.12? Sorry to inform you that it is not possible to switch back to 1.0.1.24.

Don't be afraid... Calm down! I used to tremble when I flied as I have crashed the copter so many times... Start with flying slowly and safely, then gradually, things will get better and better. Well, be confident but not reckless.

Best regards,

Jolie

I feel a bit better now. I hope he is right! :)
Hope this helps you.

Hi,
Many thanks, yes I've flown quite a few times, no problem so far. :)

Thanks again, Mark

For what it's worth - I bought a Phantom 2 in October and out of the box the RC light was green and beeped 3 times. No issues. Upgraded to the latest firmware today (RC and Phantom 2) with no change in behavior. With the update I did need to change the RC setting to "Basic". It did not default to basic which may have initially caused problems and confusion for some.

Everything seems to function as it should during a test flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj