RC Keeps Saying Update Required

Reaction score
I upgraded the RC to 1.6 awhile back. When I turn the RC it sometimes says update required and other times it says its the latest. When I turn the quad on it always say update required. More of a annoyance cause everything works fine.

When I tried to push another upgrade, it just sits there and says Downloading 1.6.

Any thoughts?

The quad had been update. Thanks for the reply though.
Force an update on the remote. Press and hold the upper left icon in the go app when opening the app and follow instructions.

Check the AC also. Interesting the nessage appers on oower up. What do the fw versions say in about screen on go when wverything connected and powered up?

Same thing happens to me about every other time I go to fly. Sometimes I update. Sometimes I just turn everything off and then back on. Then it works. When it says needs upgrade on rc, t states current version unknown. Turning off and on works. Sometimes takes two times.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You are getting that message on Go App. May be something stopping from getting its records set right.

Check the versions on about tab, if they are not the current , I.e. 1.6 for RC and 1.8.80 for AC, it needs update or it's a wrong display.

Reboot Go app to see if the message gets changed. Ensure Internet is on.

The versions are 2.7.2, 1.8.80 and 1.6 so its shots are up to date. Did and checked most voodoo. Not going to fret about it too much but I would like things to be consistent. I'll keep chipping away at it though.

The versions are 2.7.2, 1.8.80 and 1.6 so its shots are up to date. Did and checked most voodoo. Not going to fret about it too much but I would like things to be consistent. I'll keep chipping away at it though.
This is a glitch that a few people have. The only solution is to always turn everything on in the correct sequence: power on RC, then power on AC, then open the app. If you open the app first you will get the update message every time, but if you power on rc before you open app you will not get the update message.

Thanks JDHIll
So I'm guessing it worked ?
I do wish they would fix the glitch though, even though now I'm in the habit of doing everything in that sequence it still bothers me to know it does that. Every once in a while I open the app first just to see if it's fixed and every time I get the update message

It sure seemed to JDHill. This AM I set the quad outdoors to cool down some and did a IMUCAL, etc. Will take it for a couple of turns around the patch later wait for the next round of dribleware to come down. Thanks again.
-Mike

Identical thing happens to me about every 4th or 5th power up. I know it's erroneous because I know my versions are all up to date so I just ignore it. But now that I know I can work around it by opening the app LAST, I'll do that. Thanks for the tip.

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr