RC firmware updates have reduced power by over half?

The power reduction started at firmware version v1.5.7. This was the point in which the battery issue was fixed and no more dropping from the sky. Once the outside temp is roughly below 70 degree's the speed is then between 20-25mph.

With myself not having anyway to measure the R/C's db output at the time, I had no way of knowing in full detail if the reduction was from A/C or R/C firmware. I did manage to discover dji limited the overall amount of flight pitch by -5 degree's. Btw, it's the flight pitch that is what dji uses to determine the A/C's overall speed. Example...to make the P4 faster in Sport mode, they added 10 degree's in negative (forward) pitch.

This is actually why I stopped doing all A/C firmware updates on the P3.

So what is the best firmware for the remote and the bird? I think my remote is still at 1.6. I bought my P3P used after selling my P3A. It came with a 300B controller and newer style motors. I also have a 300A controller I bought as a backup.

How abiut a li
Baby steps lol, after the 4000ft flight I sort of had an idea of 10000ft after the windsurfers, after sailing out to my target (for now) I decided to take a screen shot of the one way trip, turned round and put the rc in the back of the estate car to free up my hands for the screen grab and it instantly lost signal and RTH kicked in D'oh!!! Before I had chance it was already in the high 9''s and on its way back, in

hi,
How about a link to the windsurfers reffered to that increase distance...
Thx
Baby steps lol, after the 4000ft flight I sort of had an idea of 10000ft after the windsurfers, after sailing out to my target (for now) I decided to take a screen shot of the one way trip, turned round and put the rc in the back of the estate car to free up my hands for the screen grab and it instantly lost signal and RTH kicked in D'oh!!! Before I had chance it was already in the high 9''s and on its way back, in a little panic I forgot to cancel RTH and go back out to 10000 or even further

They were mudder 2 pack copper antenna boosters, on offer from amazon £5.99 but they've gone up slightly, definitely worked for me but for 6 quid it was always worth the risk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20