Rc firmware 1.5.7 DOWNGRADE to 1.4 or 1.3 ?

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Anybody got lucky downgrading the remote control formware from 1.5.7 to lets say 1.4 or 1.3 ?

I know its been discused many times here but most threads eventually dies with no clear answer

I did lots of search and found couple ways to downgrade :

1- use the service gs_ofdm.bin file to format the rc using usb drive, and then load any firmware you want.

However it didnt work for me as the rc ignored the usb drive. i guess there is a specific service .bin for every rc firmware version.

2- use the c1 c2 method to force the update through the go app to download 1.5.7 then rename it to old and copy your older firmware (ex 1.4 or 1.3) and rename it as 1.5.7

I tried numerous times, but once the update starts it will give an error saying ( firmware match error) and it will try to download 1.5.7 all over again.

Note: i tried 1.4 and 1.3 .bins from the official dji site, is there like a rc only firmware of those versions ?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance :)

Hello everyone

Anybody got lucky downgrading the remote control formware from 1.5.7 to lets say 1.4 or 1.3 ?

I know its been discused many times here but most threads eventually dies with no clear answer

I did lots of search and found couple ways to downgrade :

1- use the service gs_ofdm.bin file to format the rc using usb drive, and then load any firmware you want.

However it didnt work for me as the rc ignored the usb drive. i guess there is a specific service .bin for every rc firmware version.

2- use the c1 c2 method to force the update through the go app to download 1.5.7 then rename it to old and copy your older firmware (ex 1.4 or 1.3) and rename it as 1.5.7

I tried numerous times, but once the update starts it will give an error saying ( firmware match error) and it will try to download 1.5.7 all over again.

Note: i tried 1.4 and 1.3 .bins from the official dji site, is there like a rc only firmware of those versions ?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance :)
Tdeath,
I just wonder why do you want to downgrade?

Ive had better signal when quad was 1.4 and rc 1.3, also older versions of apps dont work.

So i guess quad at 1.4 and rc at 1.3 is the sweet spot for me

I too have tried numerous times to downgrade my RC from 1.5.7 down to 1.4/1.3. I had to send my P3A to DJI for repair. It went in with 1.4.30+ on the RC and 1.4.10+ on the bird. I put a note in the box asking them nicely to not upgrade the firmware and if possible put 1.1.9 on it so it would match my P3P. They sent the bird back with 1.2.6 and a 8g uSD card in the camera with 1.6 on it. But had not installed it. Had I turned it on without investigating the card, It would have upgraded. Probably the technicians way of (not)upgrading it but saying he did. So I loaded 1.5.011 dev on it. Its been fine. But I would like the RC on the right version to match the bird.

The RC firmware i use is 1.5.7 however on my drone i use 1.4. The combination works fine.

Remember the RC firmware updates from the tablet / phone not memory stick now.

The RC firmware i use is 1.5.7 however on my drone i use 1.4. The combination works fine.

Remember the RC firmware updates from the tablet / phone not memory stick now.
Say what?

You can't upgrade your RC firmware via USB now? I saw a couple videos showing that it did. Have to check the date(s). So how do you upgrade the RC without letting GO on the internet? Ohhhhh! Now I see what DJI is doing. Since we won't let GO on the internet so it can't get the NFZ files, they push the FW into the RC so that it won't upgrade via USB which forces us to let GO get on the internet! Sneaky b*****s.

What was the last FW that you could put on USB and hit the RC with?

Guessing this sorta answers this thread I started last night...
Professional - RC won't upgrade

I can't recall which version it was but last autumn if i recall correctly.
The good thing is have the latest rc firmware is ok with 1.4.

Latest firmware... and you got it on the RC how? Through GO? Which I have not and will not let on the internet. So I can't get past 1.2 on the RC unless someone can 'splain how without letting GO on the internet.

The go app has to connect to the internet to update the RC.

Looking back on the previous builds I have, version 1.3 main firmware was the first one to use the go app 1.2 to update the RC.

I still have a copy of 1.2.8 which allowed USB update of RC.

I too have tried numerous times to downgrade my RC from 1.5.7 down to 1.4/1.3. I had to send my P3A to DJI for repair. It went in with 1.4.30+ on the RC and 1.4.10+ on the bird. I put a note in the box asking them nicely to not upgrade the firmware and if possible put 1.1.9 on it so it would match my P3P. They sent the bird back with 1.2.6 and a 8g uSD card in the camera with 1.6 on it. But had not installed it. Had I turned it on without investigating the card, It would have upgraded. Probably the technicians way of (not)upgrading it but saying he did. So I loaded 1.5.011 dev on it. Its been fine. But I would like the RC on the right version to match the bird.
When you look at the Phantom firmware version in DJI GO what you see 1.5.30? Because i think I've 1.5.11 developers but on dji go it says 1.5.3...

When you look at the Phantom firmware version in DJI GO what you see 1.5.30? Because i think I've 1.5.11 developers but on dji go it says 1.5.3...

Mine shows:
P3A RC: 1.5.70
P3P RC: 1.2.6+

Well you can can update to 1.4 which enables the good stuff.

I am talking RC versions above. Not bird versions. Both the birds now have 1.5.0011 dev on them The .0011 is not the 1.5.0030 release that introduced the battery issues. It is the dev release that sits between 1.4.0010 and 1.5.0030.

What I was trying to do was upgrade the RC unit, not the birds as I have them up to where I want them. I just don't know if I need later than 1.2.6 on the P3P for the Litchi features to work. We had a winter storm roll through yesterday so I couldn't test anything, too windy, lots of snow. I get in the truck to drive to Florida tomorrow so its unlikely I will get any flight time tonight due to packing. I am hoping to stop at the Wolcott rest area on I65 on the way down. Weather permitting I want to fly out to the HUGE wind farm just south of there to get some video of the windmills. Its not near any airport so I wanted to see if the GS mission in Litchi would run on the bird(s).

Not the Rc firmware version but the Phantom firmware version m8 i asked

My bad. Didn't fully read your post.

P3A:
App: 2.6.0
RC: 1.5.70
Aircraft: 1.4.10+ (but I know its the 1.5.0011 dev because thats what _I_ loaded on it).

Will double check the P3P tonight. I loaded 1.5.0011 on it last night.

Reactions: StevenQX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav