RC distance question

Reaction score
Hi all, took the p3p out today the furthest distance yet which was 360 metres but then had red indicator warning of RC lost and weak signal warning , it was LOS but I didn't take it any further after this, does this sound right because I thought they had greater range.

Generally that type of effect is some type of localized interference.

For example, I have flown my P3P over 12000 ft. From launch site yet had problems with interference and connectivity recently from the exact same launch spot and the bird was less than 150' out over a rural frozen lake.

Try again and/ or move elswhere. Usually there is more "ambient" interference in town and around residential areas than rural fields.

Also be sure you have your controller antennas parallel to each other, and perpendicular to the Phantom. Generally if you get weak video signal you should go higher or bring it back closer to you.

Aerials were parallel, I was flying over woods at about 80 metres height had clear line of sight, just couldn't really understand why the weak signal.

That does seem strange, maybe it is something in the environment. I know there is one particular far corner of a place I fly that I consistently lose video signal.

Did you see the FPV video signal drop out before the RC light went red?

That does seem strange, maybe it is something in the environment. I know there is one particular far corner of a place I fly that I consistently lose video signal.

Did you see the FPV video signal drop out before the RC light went red?
No, I did not lose FPV signal but got the RC lost and RC weak signal warning flashed up in red, I panicked abit and brought it closer rather than risk sending it further.

Also strange, usually FPV signal goes before RC signal does. Best guess is interference; house, cell tower, power lines?

I would take it to a different location with plenty of flat space and see what it does there.

Also strange, usually FPV signal goes before RC signal does. Best guess is interference; house, cell tower, power lines?

I would take it to a different location with plenty of flat space and see what it does there.
Think your right, as a next to step to check another location.
Did a search on here and read somebody had range issues and they opened up the controller and pushed the aerial connector fully in which cured the problem, don't want to open the controller only as a last resort.

Yeah a disconnection in the controller would definitely explain things but flying somewhere new would help establish that there is an issue with the Phantom and not just the environment.

Yeah a disconnection in the controller would definitely explain things but flying somewhere new would help establish that there is an issue with the Phantom and not just the environment.
That's what I will do thanks for your help!!

I got a spot behind my house where i can go 10 miles if battery would let me, yet go the same flight path except starting in a wide open field 500 yards in front of my house i can only go 6000' (1 mile) before signal issues.
Just sayin!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj