RC disconnect

Reaction score
I just updated to the latest firmware on Phantom3 and controller. Now I am getting error indicating it can't connect with Radio Controller. Any ideas? Is there a delinking between the two I need to do?
Phil H

did you try and bind it phil

hope that helps phil if you are ever interested we get toghether and fly at different spots around tampa bay

Did the RC for sure update to 2.8 and the AC to 1.7 or 1.8?
May need to format the card and reload the bit file and try update the AC again. If theres something amiss it can mess things up.
Good Luck

I just updated to the latest firmware on Phantom3 and controller. Now I am getting error indicating it can't connect with Radio Controller. Any ideas? Is there a delinking between the two I need to do?
Phil H
This round of FW updates included an encryption change, so the routine ability we have had in the past to mix and match FW versions does not work. Not having a match will result in a loss of control communication between the RC and the AC. Please check your version to be sure you have 1.8 on the AC and 1.6 on the RC. If you have one or the other but not both, it will not work. The 1.6 install on the RC has been very problematic, so for sure verify you have that version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Morgan
Phil H, this is a common problem when the firmware is not installed on both the Phantom and remote controller or incompatible versions of the firmware are installed. Double check that you following everything in these instructions.

Reactions: Captain Morgan

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1