RC Controller vs Phantom 2 vision+ and phantom 2

Reaction score
What is the best of the 5.8 GHz Remote Controll and 2.4GHz Remote Controll?
Why not use the 5.8GHz that video link?

airdrone said:

The Vision models use wifi for FPV and all that. Wifi runs in the 2.4Ghz band so the Vision's RC controls operate in the 5.8Ghz band

The NON-Vision Phantoms are the opposite... their RC's run in the 2.4Ghz band so we can't use the wifi on a gopro or any other device in the 2.4ghz band because that will conflict with the RC... that's why on non-Vision Phantom those of us that add FPV do so with 5.8Ghz devices

can't speak about aftermarket controllers sorry, I'm just using stock controller

airdrone said:
What is the best of the 5.8 GHz Remote Controll and 2.4GHz Remote Controll?

There really aren't any 5.8 controllers that I know of out there. You need a 5.8 for the visions. I did some searching and all TX appear to be 2.4, which should work just fine for the non-vision. Oh... he beat me to it... what he said!

I have a Phantom 2 with H3-3D that uses a Boscam T353 5.8 Ghz downlink for video. I have added the Frsky X8R control RX with a Frsky Taranis Radio and TX. Changing stuff on the Phantom 2 non vision is not hard.

I also have a Vision + that has to remain stock for the reason of video being 2.4 Ghz and radio being 5.8 Ghz. I cannot add an 8XR because my wifi extender might make it go wonky, and I am not willing to try.

This may be a noob question,,,

... but with the DJI P2V+ going with a Futaba Controller and a FatShark video would be a correct upgrade.

Then in the future if upgrading from Phantom UAV series; the Futaba Controller and FatShark would be compatible ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj