RC charging.

Reaction score
While on or off? I only see progress when the RC is on but found it odd that RC would be on while charging.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

When off the left LED is red when charging, green when fully charged.

Thanks guys. Couldn't find anything on this one in the manual.

Re P3 Standard: I have just unboxed my phantom three standard and I am in the process of charging the batteries on the copter and controller. The controller seems to be charging as far as I can tell but all that is happening is the red light is flashing. What does this mean? I have calibrated the IMU and updated firmware.

Re P3 Standard: I have just unboxed my phantom three standard and I am in the process of charging the batteries on the copter and controller. The controller seems to be charging as far as I can tell but all that is happening is the red light is flashing. What does this mean? I have calibrated the IMU and updated firmware.
Make sure your flight sticks are center. Mine flashes red when I try to power up with the left stick locked down.

Is the quadcopter on? That light will blink red until it links up with the aircraft. Once the link happens it turns green.

Is the quadcopter on? That light will blink red until it links up with the aircraft. Once the link happens it turns green.

Sticks are both in the center and it still flashes red when charging. Am I to understand that the quad has to be on when charging the remote?

No. Power the remote off while charging. When the controller is fully charged that blinking light will turn green to let you know that it is fully charged.

Is it possible that I am using the wrong charger to charge the remote? I'm using an old iPhone cube USB charger.

The LED stays red as an indicator that it is charging, once it is charged it will turn solid green, at which point unplug your charger from the TX.

Last edited:
Update: When using an Apple "cube" USB charger ( don't know the age ), the light blinks red and the TX indicator remains solid red for about three or four minutes and then starts blinking red. It does not seem to charge the TX as the green indicators show a decrease in charge when I take the charger off.

I then tried charging using an in-house wiring USB jack and the indicator stayed solid red until it was fully charged and then turned green.

The "cube" seemed a bit warm so I wonder if I had a bad one or an underpowered unit. What do others use to charge theirs?

I use either a 2 amp charger that came with my S4 phone or a 2.4 amp charger I got from best buy. When my controller charges, It's off and has a solid red light. Turns green when charged. It has never flashed. I would assume that the flashing is low current error?

I always wonder why can't Dji throw in a charger for the remote control unit on their standard model.
$499 now and $799 before is still a lot of $$$ for a toy.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1