RC Assistant is Killing Me!

Reaction score
I can't get my RC Assistant to stay connected to the TX when on the Main page. If I go to the Info page, the TX stays connected (firmware is at 1.0.1.11). I can't get to the next step of calibrating my Zen gimbal until the stupid thing calibrates. The second I click the Main tab at the top of the RC Assistant, boom the USB drops. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the RC Assistant software and have performed the 1.0.1.11 firmware a few time, but nothing works. Any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

BigPig said:
I can't get my RC Assistant to stay connected to the TX when on the Main page. If I go to the Info page, the TX stays connected (firmware is at 1.0.1.11). I can't get to the next step of calibrating my Zen gimbal until the stupid thing calibrates. The second I click the Main tab at the top of the RC Assistant, boom the USB drops. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the RC Assistant software and have performed the 1.0.1.11 firmware a few time, but nothing works. Any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

check cable

Tried that and 2 different USB ports. This only happens when in the RC Assistant, TX plugged in and on Main tab. I can hear the sound Windows makes when USB connects and disconnects ever two seconds or so. Does not happen if I click on Info tab. Does not happen when the P2 is connected to Phantom Assistant software. I'm using a Mac and using the software for both TX and Phantom via VMWARE on Windows 7. No other USB issues on either platform. Restarted Windows and Mac OS too. Really stumped here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I can't get past this, its going back and I'm done with DJI. Between the wifi connection issues on my P2V that I returned for this P2 with Zen gimbal, and now this with the crappy software and buggy firmware updates for gimbal, I didn't pay $1200 or so to fight with this thing the whole time I've had it. Haven't even put the props on yet. Not to mention if things don't sync or update right having the possibility of a fly-away and then all is lost. I'm feeling really frustrated with this whole purchase decision now. Really wanted to get into it, but...

Have you tried uninstalling / going back to a previous restore point? Or better yet a different computer? Haven't seen any others having this problem. Also make sure you are using the DJI cable and not some other USB to micro USB cable.

Anyway, this is emerging technology. It's not going to be bulletproof. I'm not excusing DJI's flaws. There's no excuse for their flaws but in terms of what to expect, you should expect that it won't be 100% straight forward, charge it up and fly.

BigPig said:
Tried that and 2 different USB ports. This only happens when in the RC Assistant, TX plugged in and on Main tab. I can hear the sound Windows makes when USB connects and disconnects ever two seconds or so. Does not happen if I click on Info tab. Does not happen when the P2 is connected to Phantom Assistant software. I'm using a Mac and using the software for both TX and Phantom via VMWARE on Windows 7. No other USB issues on either platform. Restarted Windows and Mac OS too. Really stumped here.

I just went through this same thing. Assistant runs fine on OS 10.9.1, but you need a windows PC to run the RC assistant. I finally got to the point where I had RC Assist running under parallels but nothing would happen when I connected the USB to the Tx event though I heard the USB "thunk". Then I read some more on line and realized you have to install the windows drivers first ( either windows or win 8 depending on your OS). Once I did that the RC Assisatnt recognized by transmitter and I was able to upgrade the firmware. Very frustrating. Hope that helps

Tried reinstalling the only Windows driver I saw on the DJI site. Still no dice. Windows sees the TX as long as I'm on the Info tab. The second I click on the Main tab, connection drops.

If I was having this issue I would dump the Mac and get hold of a cheap laptop or desktop PC to
connect to the P2.

Appears like there is a driver/hardware problem between VMware, Win7 and the Mac.

Hahaha. I'll dump the Phantom before I dump my Mac (I hear what you're saying though)!!

BigPig said:
Hahaha. I'll dump the Phantom before I dump my Mac (I hear what you're saying though)!!

If you have a windows 7 or 8 OS disk you could try Oracles VBOX. I was In the process of going that route when I finally got my old MacBook Airs parallels running. It's free and if the problem is with your emulator it might work.

http://www.oracle.com/tech network/server-storage/virtualbox/downloads/index.html?ssSourceSiteId=ocomcz

Don't know if it helps but I am running VMWare Fusion on a MacBook Air and have not seen any issues with the Windows drivers or software for DJI. VMWare can typically take whatever you throw at it but the configuration can be a little daunting.

FWIW, sounds like a driver issue if you hear the USB device connecting and then disconnecting several times. Can you roll back your instance? Or use a restore point?

I am running VMWare Fusion. I didn't have this issue with the P2V TX.

BigPig said:

Lol, I didnt mean dump the Mac totally, just dont use it for the P2 ! :D

Try uninstalling the USB port and re-installing it again. I have found that an OS can sometimes have a "memory" of what has been attached to the USB port it and wont let you attach anything else.
I had this issue with a Galaxy S4 on my laptop.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl