RC Assistant firmware update 1.0.2.26

Reaction score
I installed this update to my Phantom 2 and cannot get it to work right at all... my controller will randomly connect and then disconnect... I was able to get the motors started, but then I lost connectivity and the motors went to full speed, leaving me with no control whatsoever!!! I had to manually shut the battery off... I had it out for a flight last week and im guessing that was what happened, because it took off straight into the air and flew away!! Miraculously, it landed gently into someone's backyard and was unscratched!! If anyone has a solution to this, please HELP!!! I posted a video on YouTube showing what was happening today after I finally got it connected (Briefly).
Here is the link:

I read in an older post this was an update for the Inspire!! Why would they not put a disclaimer on the update page to say you shouldn't update your P2?! Why would it even come up? I just assumed they know what they're doing!!

Hello & welcome to the forum. Did you download from here? - http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download Anything there is meant for your P2 non-vision. Be are and read the instructions as to the procedure as it needs to be done in the correct order. Start fresh and try again. Good luck. ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
RC Assistant is for the controller, not the Phantom.

I meant the remote... Sorry, I should have been more specific... And I've followed every instruction out there to no avail... It was the 1.0.2.26 firmware update on the rc assistant software...

Is there no one out there that can help me?? I guess I just sit on this $700 brick until a new update comes out...

I wouldn't hold my breath for any further updates to any P2 versions... maybe, but unlikely.
So what did you find when you hooked it up to the assistant?

These are the latest updates for the P2
  • Main Controller Firmware* v3.14
  • Central Board Firmware* v1.0.2.10
I would start over from scratch and follow all the steps carefully.
As a last resort, here are the steps to "hard-reset" your Phantom.

Last edited:
I don't think It's the Phantom... An update came up through RC Assistant 1.2 saying there was a firmware update to 1.0.2.26 ... Not thinking, I updated... Ever since then, It will connect sporadically, then drop signal... when I connected long enough, I started up the motors. After a few seconds the signal dropped and the drone throttled up to full speed!!
Apparently, it's an update for the Inspire remote. I don't understand how that would even come up as an update for this controller which is the new version NDJ6... I cant be the only person having this issue...

I don't think It's the Phantom... An update came up through RC Assistant 1.2 saying there was a firmware update to 1.0.2.26 ... Not thinking, I updated... Ever since then, It will connect sporadically, then drop signal... when I connected long enough, I started up the motors. After a few seconds the signal dropped and the drone throttled up to full speed!!
Apparently, it's an update for the Inspire remote. I don't understand how that would even come up as an update for this controller which is the new version NDJ6... I cant be the only person having this issue...

Delbrok,

I am a new Phantom Pilot and the same exact thing happened to me. I downloaded the RC Assistant software in efforts to calibrate my controller and to solve a Gimbal issue that I am having. Not knowing any better I too let it update the firmware. I am positive it jacked my X1 calibration up. I was able to solve my calibration issue and I had done a Hard reset like was done above. I personally have not experienced the symptoms you are having. Have you done that yet? Short of you replacing the controller I would surely try that as a last ditch resort.

Good Luck... I feel ya man :cool:

~Duke

Thanks Duke!! I actually found a video on YouTube that showed exactly what was happening with mine... It turns out it's a faulty receiver board on the drone itself... As soon as I can part one out I will be replacing... Dji wasn't any help at all... "Read the manual" was the only response I got from them... My next drone way will be from another company for sure!!

Thanks Duke!! I actually found a video on YouTube that showed exactly what was happening with mine... It turns out it's a faulty receiver board on the drone itself... As soon as I can part one out I will be replacing... Dji wasn't any help at all... "Read the manual" was the only response I got from them... My next drone way will be from another company for sure!!

Yeah that's about right this sounds like Deja VU on company service! I am a Licensed HVAC Contractor and was a longtime Carrier dealer. Years ago I had a problem with a furnace and went out on over 20 service calls. I spent hrs on the phone with them. Luckily the customer had faith in me. After using me, and prolly 100 other contractors as ginny pigs the problem wound up being a factory engineering defect in the circuit board. After racking up around 30 hrs on the problem they were nice enough to send out a free circuit board and gave me an hr labor allowance. :mad: Glad ya got the problem FINGERED OUT! :D
take care.
~Duke

What is that little button located on the main board of the ndj6 remote? Is that some kind of reset button?

What is that little button located on the main board of the ndj6 remote? Is that some kind of reset button?

Check your personal messages

I was wondering about the button also.
In addition, what is the recessed pot on the circuit board, with the X molded in the back of the case for? I have the NDJ6 remote.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20