RC & app disconnected during FW update, now nothing works...

Reaction score
Went to update p3p RC FW and near the end it got disconnected due to a loose fitting usb port. (More on that later)
Now the controller will not connect to aircraft. It doesn't beep at all now and has a white light instead of red or blue. I was updating to FW version 1.6 from 1.5.80......in the about section of app it's still listed as 1.5.80 but the FW updating page says it's already 1.6 and fails...I've Uninstalled the app and reinstalled and tried a new device with no success. When I try to rollback the update the only version it has to select is 1.5.80 and when it gets to about 30 to 35% it fails. I tried the 4 button reset on controller to allow me to download and install 1.6 again but still fails. And then according to the aircraft status page it says firmware is the latest version. (Even though the about says 1.5.80.) Dji chat support is no help. Can anyone help? I installed the hdmi upgrade and the DBS MOD So I'm sure any warranty I had is gone. Is it nesacary to take it to repair shop or is there anything else I can do?
ANY INFO WILL HELP!
THANKS

Also fyi, before the FW issue I was having disconnect issues after installing the DBS MOD. I WOULD still have control of the drone but would loose all video and telemetry. I installed a hdmi output on the RC as well. All seems ok except after the usb wire that connects app to RC Gets touched or moves when I move the RC. Looking at it closer, I think it's just the usb port is going bad as the usb moves around while plugged in and disconnects on and off a lot. Thats,why I think during the FW update it got disconnected. Is this common? And way to repair without buying a,whole new unit? Any ideas on my original question?

Just some ideas:
- Did you tried with another USB cable ?
- Did your tablet (I suppose, or phone) is charging ?
- Is your Remote Controller a type GL-300A? In such case, you could also try to update using an USB stick instead of the app. With type 300B or 300C it is only through the app.

Personally I bricked my RC by during an antenna mod. I killed the connector on the main board for the connection to the USB/HDMI board. I had then no charge, no HDMI and no USB. It ended in ordering a RC on ebay and starting the process to repair it on my own.
But this is more related to your second post.

A good source of info is here DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
But this cover the most common issues and you have probably already seen it.

Just some ideas:
- Did you tried with another USB cable ?
- Did your tablet (I suppose, or phone) is charging ?
- Is your Remote Controller a type GL-300A? In such case, you could also try to update using an USB stick instead of the app. With type 300B or 300C it is only through the app.

Personally I bricked my RC by during an antenna mod. I killed the connector on the main board for the connection to the USB/HDMI board. I had then no charge, no HDMI and no USB. It ended in ordering a RC on ebay and starting the process to repair it on my own.
But this is more related to your second post.

A good source of info is here DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
But this cover the most common issues and you have probably already seen it.
Thanks for the reply, yes I've tried several different cables and yes my phone stays charging when plugged into RC. THAT IS WEIRD that it stays charging even when I loose connection to the drone. Maybe I did something to the inside of RC. BUT not sure if that's what is causing the current issue with connection and RC having white light etc. Only because it at least worked (constantly going in and out but still made the beep sounds and had a blue connected light) vs now nothing. No beeps ,white light, no connection to drone. And the problem started after the FW UPDATE. I think the FW update fail happened at the very end, so one part of the app or RC thinks it's version 1.6 but it failed before telling another part, Which still thinks it's 1.5.80. So failing trying to update and failing to roll back because part thinks it is 1.6 and part thinks it is 1.5.80.
How did you kill your RC? WHAT PART exaxtly? The big ribbon connecting com and board? I'm wondering if maybe my RC just finally fried from something I may have damaged and the FW Update caused it to finally die. I'd there a way to say for sure the RC IS dead? Sorry for the long posts. Just trying to save the cash and not buy a new RC.

How can I tell which RC I have 300a b or c? I put the hdmi upgrade on the RC if that makes a difference. And live in usa

How can I tell which RC I have 300a b or c? I put the hdmi upgrade on the RC if that makes a difference. And live in usa
It is just marked on the label at the back of the RC.

Thanks for the reply, yes I've tried several different cables and yes my phone stays charging when plugged into RC. THAT IS WEIRD that it stays charging even when I loose connection to the drone. Maybe I did something to the inside of RC. BUT not sure if that's what is causing the current issue with connection and RC having white light etc. Only because it at least worked (constantly going in and out but still made the beep sounds and had a blue connected light) vs now nothing. No beeps ,white light, no connection to drone. And the problem started after the FW UPDATE. I think the FW update fail happened at the very end, so one part of the app or RC thinks it's version 1.6 but it failed before telling another part, Which still thinks it's 1.5.80. So failing trying to update and failing to roll back because part thinks it is 1.6 and part thinks it is 1.5.80.
How did you kill your RC? WHAT PART exaxtly? The big ribbon connecting com and board? I'm wondering if maybe my RC just finally fried from something I may have damaged and the FW Update caused it to finally die. I'd there a way to say for sure the RC IS dead? Sorry for the long posts. Just trying to save the cash and not buy a new RC.
It was the connector on the main board see picture bellow. I think it was during closure of the RC. I failed to the get the ribbon cable for the HDMI board out and I reopened the RC probably too fare. That hardly take out the ribbon cable out of the connector and after it was not holding well and in fact didn't make contact on some pins.
Capture.PNG

Did you checked the section Firmware of DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic