RAW images from camera

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum and I am looking into the P2V mainly for pictures as I am a photographer (www.stephanecouture.com). I just want to make sure we can access the RAW file for post processing as it's where all the infos of the image is for me JPEG is out of question. So as of today is it possible to work with the RAW or DNG file?

Thank you so much for your time.

Stephane

Thank you so much for the info. At least this makes it easier to decide if I am getting it or not, they won't get my money until this is worked out. It's funny how this is such a great feature for most photographer but they don't make it accessible. Anyway thanks again.

Stephane

I emailed them yesterday for an update on the camera raw release....they responded by telling me they would email me when it was ready, worthless.

Stephcout said:
Thank you so much for the info. At least this makes it easier to decide if I am getting it or not, they won't get my money until this is worked out. It's funny how this is such a great feature for most photographer but they don't make it accessible. Anyway thanks again.

Stephane

There is a "RAW" format option for taking photos. Just don't know what format of RAW. I may do a test and take a couple of RAW format pics and see if it opens up in Photoshop CS 5.5 as is.

Unfortunately, it won't work in Photoshop yet....until DJI makes the RAW converter to be compatible with PS.

BenDronePilot said:
Stephcout said:

Stephane

There is a "RAW" format option for taking photos. Just don't know what format of RAW. I may do a test and take a couple of RAW format pics and see if it opens up in Photoshop CS 5.5 as is.
Sure, you can shoot in "RAW" but it's proprietary to the Phantom camera, and totally useless. In fact, it's not clear if our current RAW files will *ever* be usable by any software. The most recent announcement makes it sound like Adobe DNG will become the new RAW format once this camera update is available. Will there be a converter for "old" proprietary Phantom RAW files? Who knows....

Actually Raw and DNG is pretty much the same, it keeps most of the data the camera sensor capture and most photographer would be very happy to be able to use this data to post process there images. It's just that right now the camera capture all this beautiful data and applies a random JPEG profile to it basically discarding 80 to 90 % of the information! leaving you with clipped blacks and highlight without having any option to reconver them among other things. I hope you are right DNG would be great and on this exact day I will "add to card" :) I actually know of 3 other photographers who are in the same as I am boat right now.

Thank you.

Stephcout said:
Actually Raw and DNG is pretty much the same, it keeps most of the data the camera sensor capture and most photographer would be very happy to be able to use this data to post process there images. .
Yes, DNG is a standardized format for RAW files - in fact, the *only* standardized format for RAW files - something Adobe has been trying to push for several years. Every other RAW "format" is proprietary and unique to each camera manufacturer and camera model, unfortunately - and requires custom-written software to be able to read it - something which does not yet exist for the P2V camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers