raspberry pi connect to the dji phantom wireless

Reaction score
Could the raspberry pi connect to the dji phantom wireless when send that to a 3g or LTE usb card to a display.

This will give your fpv from any where.

OR

send the remote commands to the raspberry pi from anywhere.

just thinking about stuff before my p2v+ gets here.

I am building an interface to the CAN bus using a Teensy. Very early stages. Here's a prototype:

teensy-can.jpg

Reactions: TheGman
Hello, I would like to control my drone with cellular. Can you provide me with any details about that this prototype you made can do?

Thank you for the suggestion. However, I am looking to use my cellular raspberry pi to control the drone be sending commands like (move forward 10ft) and send back telemetry data. It looks like that is beyond the flytrex currently. Can the can bus interface control the drone?

Could the raspberry pi connect to the dji phantom wireless when send that to a 3g or LTE usb card to a display.

This will give your fpv from any where.

OR

send the remote commands to the raspberry pi from anywhere.

just thinking about stuff before my p2v+ gets here.
Since the WiFI based bird's firmware is hard coded to look for a single AP with a specific SSID, you would likely need to either spoof the SSID on the Pi that your range extender is broadcasting, or hook the range extender up to your Pi. Once you have 2 way communication via the WiFi link, you could then theoretically write a script on the Pi that uses the DJI SDK to send commands to the bird (assuming the SDK still allows for bird control and not just camera... I haven't looked in a year or so). However, since this would solely be a WiFi link and there is no RF involved, your range of control would be limited to the strength of your WiFi connection, so a few hundred feet at best.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4