Rapid Flashing Yellow - no TX?

Reaction score
Brand new Phantom v1.1.1. I connected to Assistant software and upgraded firmware just to be sure it was on the latest. Unfortunately, I didn't test anything before I did that... simply unboxed, charged battery, flashed firmware, etc.

I turn on the transmitter, wait a minute or so, then plug in the Phantom. I get the startup beeps, 4 flashing green lights, and then rapidly flashing yellow light.

After doing a bit of searching, it appears the Phantom is bound to the TX?

So I read the advanced user guide and was going to rebind to the TX, but the guide is for the older Phantom revision and doesn't seem to apply the v1.1.1. Specifically, it talks about an LED on the Receiver board ( mine doesn't have this ) and a Link button, which I don't have.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Bunger said:
Brand new Phantom v1.1.1. I connected to Assistant software and upgraded firmware just to be sure it was on the latest. Unfortunately, I didn't test anything before I did that... simply unboxed, charged battery, flashed firmware, etc.

I turn on the transmitter, wait a minute or so, then plug in the Phantom. I get the startup beeps, 4 flashing green lights, and then rapidly flashing yellow light.

After doing a bit of searching, it appears the Phantom is bound to the TX?

So I read the advanced user guide and was going to rebind to the TX, but the guide is for the older Phantom revision and doesn't seem to apply the v1.1.1. Specifically, it talks about an LED on the Receiver board ( mine doesn't have this ) and a Link button, which I don't have.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!
Flip from GPS to Atti mode rapidly about 5 times until you get a solid yellow light-then do the Compass Dance. Pick up your Phantom, rotate it 360 degree's horizontally, look for yellow to change to flashing yellow, then point the nose down-you will be looking at the flight, rotate 360 degree's until the light turns green-done.

Always, before any first flight, calibrate your compass. There are video's from DJI on how to do this.

I figured it out. The Receiver type was set to PPM ( I had re-uploaded the default configuration file ) and it apparently needs to be D-BUS for the v1.1.1 models. Once I changed that, I got a connection was good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4