Range

Reaction score
My phantom 3 advanced is maxing out at about 800 metres. Clear line of sight. Any suggestions?

Have to checked you max distance in go app?also check antenna orientation and lastly interference. Good luck

Even after installing a parabolic antenna from Amazon the most distance I get is 3100 feet. And that is line of sight. If my bird goes behind a ridge or anything the distance is MUCH less. Not sure how these pilots are getting "miles" out of their birds

I used to have a 2 PV2+ and I was lucky to get 1000 ft. With my P4 I've had it out to almost 15,000 ft with no signal strength loss. I won't make it a habit of doing that though, but it was fun.

Depending on local interference I can feel confident with taking my P3A 2500ft but usually after that I get loss of video signal. In south florida you don't get big open areas for LOS unless you take your bird over water.

<edited out, see below>. If you really want to give it a fair test, you probably need to take a drive and put yourself in the perfect environment to test it for 1000 meters.

Even after installing a parabolic antenna from Amazon the most distance I get is 3100 feet. And that is line of sight. If my bird goes behind a ridge or anything the distance is MUCH less. Not sure how these pilots are getting "miles" out of their birds
It's a fairly long slow process involving mods on both sides. It requires a lot of learning, a lot of tweaking, and a lot of patience. A member here got 19.4 miles with his P3P.

http://www.flytrex.com/challenges/freestyle-distance/

Last edited:
Since 1000 meters is max for a stock P3A, I wouldn't be too unhappy with 800 meters because you can assume interference, humidity, or some other problem is costing you the last 200 meters. If you really want to give it a fair test, you probably need to take a drive and put yourself in the perfect environment to test it for 1000 meters.

1km is def not the max for s stock p3a, it is marketed as 2km, I can Easily get 3 km out of mine all stock. The OP has a faulty unit it seems.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I'm surrounded by bush at my house and after 200m I have no line of sight and was getting 700m today pretty good...up on the local headland with clear line of sight quiet offen fly out 1300-1500 m with no probs..all stock standard..
Very impressed with my p3a..

Last edited:
I stretched my all stock P3P out to one mile yesterday. I live in the country so this was pretty much line of sight, with only a few trees in the way. No loss of video signal but had about one second where it reported "weak controller signal", but not long enough to initiate RTH. I turned it around and flew it back at that point.

Depending on obstructions and altitude, anyone should be able to get these results. I've also read about people getting 3 miles plus, but that was with a completely unobstructed line of sight, like over water or in the desert.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4