Range

Reaction score
What kind of range should be expected from my p3s. Wifi range transmission sucks:(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Neighborhood not so good. I was only able to get around 1,500ft. Out in the country though got a mile... Lightbridge is so much better[emoji106]

added argtek to mine so get 3000 feet in heavy wifi area

What kind of range should be expected from my p3s. Wifi range transmission sucks:(

Wait for the next firmware update. This is the best idea for now believe me [emoji4] . I tried everything to solve this problem. I think all the p3s have the same issue [emoji22]

take it out over a lake or a ocean you can get a mile just stock no wifi congesting then

Reactions: Squirrel!

Hey Sam, its long been said that the P3S has crap range and thats why I had no interest in it. When I got bored conquering the range of the other phantom models I picked up a standard to take on the challenge ( not expecting much) what I found was because of the little brothers lite weight, its probably the most capable of all the phantoms at breaking some distance records. I urge you to fast foward or follow along here to get some helpful ideas on how to increase your range, cause I've done all the leg work 4 ya[emoji41]
This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

yep dirtybum is right you can tweek it to get some serious range read his post and all in the world will be good for you

Reactions: dirkclod

Sam, the range advertised by DJI is up to 6/10 mile.
Take that with some salt.
My son had his over 6,000 ft at the coast, (minimal interference) and 1700ft in the hood (maximum interference)
I've had mine to 3000ft, in the country, and hadn't reached a limit (except for stones). I could hardly see it, and didn't want to push it beyond LOS
You should try different areas in order to get a handle on whether or not yours is performing within the expected range.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: dirtybum
Sam, the range advertised by DJI is up to 6/10 mile.
Take that with some salt.
My son had his over 6,000 ft at the coast, (minimal interference) and 1700ft in the hood (maximum interference)
I've had mine to 3000ft, in the country, and hadn't reached a limit (except for stones). I could hardly see it, and didn't want to push it beyond LOS
You should try different areas in order to get a handle on whether or not yours is performing within the expected range.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
well said try other spots and different directions when flying

In the neighborhood I was getting 1500 feet, did the DBS mod from same spot and I've hit 5314 feet. On the outer edge of the neighborhood I've hit 8317 or 1.57 miles. I think it's the best unobtrusive mod to the controller you can make.

Reactions: flpholt
second that hands down for the money its great

My stock P3S can go 7600 feet over a lake. But 5000 feet only when I fly it around my neighborhood. My best record with windsurfer was 12600 feet.

If you are around some open water try there for a good base line if that's good. Then the rest is just your neighborhood. I made a windsurfer and flow at the ocean and got 12,000ft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers