Range question

S

sandman259

I'm sure this has gone over a bunch before but just a quick question. I have a standard that I can hit 1,500ft in my neighborhood and I hit 5,500 in the country. Thinking about getting an advance and wondering what to expect in those same area's? I sure the country side will double but what about my neighborhood? It's your basic neighborhood full of houses. I was surprised I could go as far as I did in the neighborhood with my standard. I was a couple hundred feet high in both locations. Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes that just shows the max distance in the ideal conditions. I'm more curious is to what to expect in my neighborhood if I'm hitting 1,500 feet with a stock standard. Will it double in the neighborhood with a advance or is it impossible to go much further in a neighborhood...

you will get better range a lot with a p3a in neighborhood

I have a P3A and only getting 2000ft in my neighborhood. Every house has WiFi and fairly new with P3A only had it around 2months so maybe not doing something right but I am good for now

in a bad location that might happen is your antennas pointed strait up

That's what I was kind of wondering if I still won't go much further in a neighborhood with a advance then I did with my standard. The advance doesn't have wifi correct? It uses lightbridge so I wouldn't think the wifi in houses would get in the way of it...

I understand that lightbridge is way better then wifi for quality and range but that's for video right? What makes the transmitter signal go so much farther? It's still 5.8ghz right?

With my p3p I get about 2000ft in my network congested subdivision. I have a large farm field to my north and I've gone twice that in that direction. I use a wind surfer also.

Hmmm I would think it should do better in a neighborhood if I'm getting 1,500ft with a stock standard with no windsurfer or anything. And I just went 5,500ft in the country tonight before RTH kicked in. I was really hoping someone was gonna say they go at least 4,000ft in a neighborhood before RTH kicked in. I was thinking about getting a advanced cause I can get a good deal on one and then I would just sell mine but if I'm not gonna gain much in my neighborhood I might not.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmmm I would think it should do better in a neighborhood if I'm getting 1,500ft with a stock standard with no windsurfer or anything. And I just went 5,500ft in the country tonight before RTH kicked in. I was really hoping someone was gonna say they go at least 4,000ft in a neighborhood before RTH kicked in. I was thinking about getting a advanced cause I can get a good deal on one and then I would just sell mine but if I'm not gonna gain much in my neighborhood I might not.

I was able to hit 7000 ft before the signal got weak in a densely populated neighborhood just last week. So your results might vary.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459219558.126622.jpg

That looks like a similar neighborhood to mine. I would be happy if I could double my distance in my neighborhood that I get with my standard.

Would you say if you were in the extract same location and went the same direction and height in both a standard and advanced that the advance will go farther? Or does it really not make much difference in a neighborhood between the two with all the interference. Besides Mandalay it seams like no one is going much farther then 2,000ft in a neighborhood.

That looks like a similar neighborhood to mine. I would be happy if I could double my distance in my neighborhood that I get with my standard.

The Standard can go as far as 3300 ft unobstructed according to its specs (Some have gone further). Here you have these wifi congested areas. So it would be tough for you to hit that 3000 ft mark with stock antenna.

I was wondering the same I'm getting 1500 +\- at around 250' before I start loosing vid feed would going higher fix that and give me more distance?

Would you say if you were in the extract same location and went the same direction and height in both a standard and advanced that the advance will go farther? Or does it really not make much difference in a neighborhood between the two with all the interference. Besides Mandalay it seams like no one is going much farther then 2,000ft in a neighborhood.

I think the P3A/P would definitely be doing better than P3S in the same neighborhood due to its Lightbridge. P3P is currently on sale for $779, which is a very good deal. If the P3A you plan to get is very close to that, you should consider getting a P3P.

I went 5,500ft tonight in the country so that's not the problem. It's the city/neighborhood I'm trying to increase. And I was referring to wanting the 3,000ft range with an advance in the neighborhood. That would be double what I got with my standard. But it's sounding like that is gonna be unlikely. People always post there long range in the country but I wanna see what people are getting in neighborhoods.

I went 5,500ft tonight in the country so that's not the problem. It's the city/neighborhood I'm trying to increase. And I was referring to wanting the 3,000ft range with an advance in the neighborhood. That would be double what I got with my standard. But it's sounding like that is gonna be unlikely. People always post there long range in the country but I wanna see what people are getting in neighborhoods.

You can see I was able to get the range with a P3P. And the P3A has the same Lightbridge. So I don't see why not. But results do vary in wifi congested neighborhood.

But the advance/pro use lightbridge not wifi, so why would the wifi in neighborhoods effect the adv/pro? I'm so confused....lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic