Range problem P4

Reaction score
I purchased my p4 back in August 2016 with a range extender.I have gotten out 4000ft max.I sent it in where I purchased it and they said this,
Does anybody have problems with range on the p4. I sent it back and the techs where I purchased it said this.

"Radio was on custom channel, switched to auto, range issue no longer exists." What does this mean? I'll be getting my p4 this back Wednesday.

That setting can be found in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Channel-Mode.png

In most cases, it's best to keep it set to "Auto".

Dude you are the best.You help more people on this site then I can count.I thought I had it set there,but maybe I inadvertently changed it.The techs so far at Drone World have been great and the service is fast. Also I had the horizon problem,so I sent it in.No charge of course.It's still under warranty.Hopefully everything will be fine when I get it back. Again,thank you for your response.

I bought my p4 about the same time you did, and was a bit concerned with the distance as well...but my flights were in populated areas (away from any restrictions)...it seems wifi and micro wave transmissions can severely limit your flight distance...I just happen to be lucky enough to have a cell tower about 1/4 mile away...I took the drone out to a remote area and sent it on its way ...3 MILES out I started getting really nervous about battery life...it made it back safe and sound but barely...now that I'm content this thing will fly that distance...I never let it out of my sight!

Thanks for the reply.There are cell towers around here and I never thought of that. I did send my drone out to be looked at by the folks I bought it from. Their techs appear to know what there doing;so my hopes are up.I also had a horizon problem. Hopefully those things will be taken care of. They said the issues have been taken care of and no charge for anything done and I'll be getting it back Wednesday.

If you already didn't know. Having it locked to one channel (not in auto as in the pic above) it will use the same channel regardless of it's quality. Having it in auto will allow the RC and craft to switch to switch channel automatically and dynamically to get a better signal quality.

I know for sure ,but as I mentioned in my last post I really don't recall switching into the custom mode.

Ah, ok I see. I just upgraded my GO 4 to 4.0.6. I will have an extra check so that nothing was changed and in particularly that setting.

That setting can be found in the following section of DJI GO:

View attachment 78568

In most cases, it's best to keep it set to "Auto".

On that note, thanks (btw), wouldn't it be best to unlock the rest of the channels, up to 32 I believe, and if so wouldn't "auto" have a greater amount of channels to lock into?

I had a look at my transmission setting after updating GO4 to 4.0.6. It seems it's not possible to change to manual.. I don't mind that but just a reflection.

I thought I saw something about actually setting up additional channels somewhere. I could be mistaken,but it does make more sense to have a wider range of sats to link up to_One thing that I found so far is the RTH feature is awesome. At one flight I was out pretty far and completely lost range signal,camera everything and about 8 minutes later everything came back on and I manually took control. What a hair raising experience that was. I almost jumped in my truck to go to the last position that was shown on my Mini IPad.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4