Range more than double

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been trying to change my P3S from CE to FCC to get a better range. All I had managed to do (as far as I know) was to download file through my phone, change it and I don't think I uploaded it back to the remote. So this was on the remote at 192.168.1.1 I finally gave up because I could not get this to work through my laptop so I wasn't comfortable trying to do it on my phone.

So today I decided to take my bird up and to my surprise, I got a range of 960m at 100m altitude. Previous to that day, the best I could do was almost 400m at around 100m altitude. Exactly the same location (home) and weather was nice and sunny, just like other times.

So my question, if I did manage to change the file on the remote for FCC (country code OK), but did not do it on the aircraft, should it still fly?
Two scenarios:
1. I changed the file on the remote but not on the aircraft and it still gave me a range 2.5 times more than before.
2. Didn't actually change any files and I got 2.5 times more range than before.

I will keep trying to ftp and see if I can download the file off the remote again to see if it has changed, but as far as I remember I did not actually upload it back because I was too scared since I could not do it on the PC.

What are your thoughts on what may have happened? Can the remote still talk to the aircraft if only the remote had changed country code?

Thanks

It does but some are doing a TX hack for more power .
Not indorsing doing it just telling you .

Reactions: Καλλιστώ

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4