Range issue, again and again ...

Reaction score
OK, please don't yell at me ... I know, it was posted here million times.

So, I don't fly often, I don't fly high, I don't fly far, I don't fly fast ... Sometimes I even wondering if I'm entitled to own both P3P and Inspire 1 Pro, undoubtedly the finest drones for aerial photography on the market. Yet, the range of both video transmission and radio communication seems to decrease slowly but surely during last few months, as reported by alarmingly many pilots. Recently I'm getting various warning messages on my screen, flying in 250m radius half sphere gently like a retired swam (power supply to motors limited, weak transmission, radio interferences etc.) in places well known to me as a trouble free.

The 2-part question is simple:

A. Is it because the season changes (foliage, humidity etc.) has so significant impact on wireless communication?
or
B. Is it because every FW update DJI limits drones performance to avoid issues involved with long range/high altitude flying and to force troublemaking challengers to fly low, slow and within LOS?

Or, perhaps both?

Interesting comment. 2 days ago i have reached 600m comfortably and my max is about 1.8km. Provided you have line of sight (no obstructing trees + buildings). Humidity might be a factor, seems speed is also. i am 2 firmware updates behind. I will update soon and then see if there is a difference in performance. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have experienced the same limitations. I believe DJI via the Feds.
I really don't think DJI is intentionally crippling its products. I flew over a mile and a half out the other week, and could have kept going, on the latest firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj