Range for the p3se

Reaction score
What’s the furthest anyone has got their p3se in an urban area ? Mine is 700 meters and it loses signal and want to return. They should go further right?

Try to go up to the limit and then see if it go further. It is supposed to go up to 4km or 2.5 miles. Also use a parabolic antenna, it may boost the signal.

I have p3se and unless it’s an open area without power lines and towers my range decreases a pretty significant amount I had 2 p3s quads previously and can tell a difference in range but mostly in open areas and it does not seem to be the huge difference I thought it might be when I first discovered the se model and read the specs so the parabolic antenna will most def help but I feel like it’s still a advantage both in price and to have a factory installed wifi booster range extender controller plus the 4K for 600 I consider it a bargain really idk just my two cents

Reactions: macoman
Oh and I will test my range and let you know how far I can get out I’m visiting a very urban area with tremendous amounts of interference potential around here in Hampton Va

Cheers hey what's the easiest way to see if I'm on FCC or CE and which one is the one that allows max distance ?

Hi! And a good Sunday to everyone! I have a P3S and one time now about a Month and a half ago went out on the S side of town and even with the forest ,that day went 3,700 ft distance but usually my average elsewhere is 1500 - 2100 ft. it varies. I still would like a S.E and actually not sure...Can you create a Pre-flight w Way Points BEFORE you fly? and not have to fly it first like you do with the Phantom 3 Standard?
Do the SE batteries last longer? is 600.00 -650.00 the going price $ Range for the SE
(I made the little Phantom Animation below, I made a 3D model-Phantom)....( One of the propellers fell off during upload!)

Attachments

• Phantom klear2.gif
    Phantom klear2.gif
    602.5 KB · Views: 519
Reactions: Newbieguy
Hi! And a good Sunday to everyone! I have a P3S and one time now about a Month and a half ago went out on the S side of town and even with the forest ,that day went 3,700 ft distance but usually my average elsewhere is 1500 - 2100 ft. it varies. I still would like a S.E and actually not sure...Can you create a Pre-flight w Way Points BEFORE you fly? and not have to fly it first like you do with the Phantom 3 Standard?
Do the SE batteries last longer? is 600.00 -650.00 the going price $ Range for the SE
(I made the little Phantom Animation below, I made a 3D model-Phantom)....( One of the propellers fell off during upload!)
The difference between a P3SE and P3S is quite simple. Your maximum distance is 2.5 miles. In addition, you have Vision Positioning System. And your camera has a resolution of 4K.
But ... you still use the same app. And if you want to program your route in advance, I advise you to keep your P3S and use Litchi.

Btw, your battery is also the same.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
The difference between a P3SE and P3S is quite simple. Your maximum distance is 2.5 miles. In addition, you have Vision Positioning System. And your camera has a resolution of 4K.
But ... you still use the same app. And if you want to program your route in advance, I advise you to keep your P3S and use Litchi.

Btw, your battery is also the same.
Thanks for the reply and I also wanted to share my Sunday mornings Video-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's impressive... You probably have a modded controller. I have a windsurfer and only can go up to 2150 feet.
I have the Itelite antennae. Mine went about 2500' feet stock and about 6-7000 ' with wind surfer. I cannot emphasize enough location of flight makes all the difference for the range. Where I normally fly I'm basically limited by my battery life. At max range I'm still pegged on telemetry and normally down one bar on video. At 13,800 feet I was getting smart RTH activation. I've since disabled it and made it to 15,000 feet before the spincter factor kicked in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic