Range extender

Reaction score
P4a what would be the best range extender and would you recommend installing one

P4a what would be the best range extender and would you recommend installing one

IMHO, an Itelite ITS-DBS02.2.... and ABSOLUTELY! There are a number of cheap antenna add-ons out there that are very hit and miss. Some will swear they get better range while just as many using the same product will swear their range actually decreased. I say.. if you want a range extender that is proven to significantly extend your range... every single time... you get what you pay for.

I tried the windsurfer and another similar product with no noticeable change in range or performance. Even though they didn't cost much they were a complete waste of money.

Last edited:
Reactions: tak5501
IMHO, an Itelite ITS-DBS02.2.... and ABSOLUTELY! There are a number of cheap antenna add-ons out there that are very hit and miss. Some will swear they get better range while just as many using the same product will swear their range actually decreased. I say.. if you want a range extender that is proven to significantly extend your range... every single time... you get what you pay for.

I tried the windsurfer and another similar product with no noticeable change in range or performance. Even though they didn't cost much they were a complete waste of money.
That is what I've been looking at I think that's the choice I'm going to make thanks for your reply they don't seem too hard to install would you recommend having it done or do it myself I am a driveability technician also do computer repair pretty familiar with working on electronics

they don't seem too hard to install would you recommend having it done or do it myself I am a driveability technician also do computer repair pretty familiar with working on electronics

They're not. It's very straight forward and there are plenty of installation videos out there. Half hour job tops... and half that time will be watching the install vid.

Maybe a "bit" longer if you plan on trying to save your old antenna's.

I have had mixed results using windsurfers on the new DJI TX systems on the Mavic and P4P. On one occasion I went .5 mile further flying the same rout at the same time of day WITHOUT the windsurfer installed on my Mavic. On my Inspire 1 Pro the windsurfer seems to work better.

I'll put a thumbs up in for MaxxUAV and the DBS02.2. Solid setup and performance is great.

If you have a little extra money you don't know what to do with, MaxxUAV has a really nice "clean install kit" that utilizes the exsiting antenna holes (rather than drilling through the upper case) with some heavy duty all weather exterior cables. Love mine.. but not at all a necessity. Aside from hole plugs, the DBS has everything you need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic