Range extender Toast

What symptoms are you experiencing that make you think it's toast.

Replacement parts for the V2+ are virtually impossible to find right now. I've seen just a few posts about defective range extenders.

illiceman11 said:
After checking dealer web sites I noticed this was backordered.That make me think that it could be a problem area.????? :roll:

The RE700 ranger extender, like most Vision+ components & parts, is just not available yet as a separate purchase.

I had bought it in the US,I am at my summer home in Canada. A problem.I had someone open the unit up and he felt the unit was defective.I am not a nerd on these by any means. I love the unit and the pics it takes but this is not good.

illiceman11 said:
I had bought it in the US,I am at my summer home in Canada. A problem.I had someone open the unit up and he felt the unit was defective.I am not a nerd on these by any means. I love the unit and the pics it takes but this is not good.

It should be covered under warranty, assuming you can get ahold of DJI to get an RMA. How long will it take is a good question?

So I'm still waiting to hear: Is it toast because someone who didn't know how to disassemble it did so? Or what symptoms did you experience before it was opened?

illiceman11 said:
I tried charging it.I was able to charge it the first time but not now.Yes I checked out two different chargers.Maybe I am missing something???
:roll:

How did you determine that it is not charging? Did you connect it to the phantom and look at the charge percentage in the app? Or are you basing this just on the lights on the extender. I ask because the charging indicator light on mine doesn't work properly but it does charge.

illiceman11 said:
I tried charging it.I was able to charge it the first time but not now.Yes I checked out two different chargers.Maybe I am missing something???
:roll:

OK thanks for that explanation. What I hear you saying is that it charged normally the first time (indicator turning green indicating a full charge), but then the next time you tried to charge it it stayed yellow and never turned green. If that is correct, how long did you give it to charge fully the second time (before deciding it wasn't charging)?

I have flown my P2V+ four flights (in the last two days) and have only charged the range extender once (only charged before its first flight). It has not left the "Green mode" in all that time, and I haven't tried to recharge it again yet.

Sorry.It charged first time fine.Green lights worked as well as red light.Battery ran down now I don,t have any lights.I tried charging it but it didn,t work Charged over night with two different chargers.I can,t get cameras to come on on my app.so I can see if or how much charge the battery has.
I took it to a friend in the computer business and he opened it up and said it was very hard for him to find problem. He :roll: said the charging connection was very sloppy and he felt the circuit board might be toast.

Hi all,

My stock range extender seems to drain it's charge while not being on.
I feel there may be some defect with the design.

I make sure it recharges fully (green light on) before every flight.
No problems when flying.

I encourage DJI to create a parts depot and provide technical support for those of us who invest in their products.

Happy safe flying,

Radar

I had a problem with my range extender which was only solved by replacing it (300 from ebay, although last time i checked it was 200). My problem was that it wouldn´t emit signal, there was no wifi network to connect to. I bought because i needed to get back in the air quickly but i think it´s way overpriced, and dji should repair, I contacted them, and they asked me to return it to the seller (Hobby & Specialty - Details. www.amazon.com/shops/hobbyspecialty), I contacted them and they said they would get back to me in the next few days. That was like 3 weeks ago. Anyway, you can send it back or buy replacement on ebay. Make sure you buy the RE700 as the RE500 has shorter range.

I hope you can find a solution to your problem, I know how it feels. Glad to say, my bird is fine and in the air now :D

illiceman11 said:
Sorry.It charged first time fine.Green lights worked as well as red light.Battery ran down now I don,t have any lights.I tried charging it but it didn,t work Charged over night with two different chargers.I can,t get cameras to come on on my app.so I can see if or how much charge the battery has.
I took it to a friend in the computer business and he opened it up and said it was very hard for him to find problem. He :roll: said the charging connection was very sloppy and he felt the circuit board might be toast.

This description is for charging the flight battery, not the Range Extender. Which are you talking about? And which did your friend open up the flight battery, or the range extender?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav