Range Extender Screws - Please Help

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to modify the range extender and am trying to unscrew the 4 screws but I think they came warped/stripped from the factory. I want to buy a tool to unscrew them but will need 4 new screws.

Can anyone check or does anyone know which screws I need to buy? A link would be awesome. Thank you!!!

I'm not sure which screws they are -- but, this screw pack probably contains them since it's the only screw pack sold by DJI.

Last edited:
Maybe a tiny drill? I don't know if they make left handed drill bits that small. Left handed drill bits are great for removing broken off or stripped out screws. Half the time it will catch and spin out the broken piece. Otherwise just drill it all the way out. It will be very hard to do because the screws are hard and the plastic is relatively soft. The drill will try to walk off into the softer material.
Maybe try a tiny dremel hand grinder and grind the heads off. Leave the threaded part in the hole.
After you finally get the screws out you will have another dilemma. The two halves snap together. The screws aren't really necessary. Search for videos on youtube on how to open the range extender. Peter somebody in the UK I think.
I ended up breaking the snaps so I need the screws to hold it together.
good luck.

You can also try putting a piece of duct tape between the screw driver and the screw. Sometimes it will give it enough extra friction to get it loose.

Just to give everyone an update, I ordered the screw kit above and it didn't come with the exact screws needed but they were close enough.

We wound up drilling with a small drill bit thru the screw then using the smallest Speed Out screw extractor bit to get the screws out. Took a while but it worked.

Thanks everyone. On to mastering good FPV with this ITELITE and FPVLR antenna setup

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440163884.566375.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie