Range Extender Removal

Reaction score
Can the range extender be removed from the flow of data? Can I replace it with a generic extender or just connect directly to the V+ from my phone just to test if my loss of FPV is related to the extender?

jwwgold said:
Can the range extender be removed from the flow of data? Can I replace it with a generic extender or just connect directly to the V+ from my phone just to test if my loss of FPV is related to the extender?

You may be able to do this but you are going to get extremely limited range if you go straight from the phone to the Vision+.

I have the same ailment that has been going around. First 2 weeks great FPV next couple weeks freezing, after that no FPV at all. I've tried all the rebinding old app etc nothing works. I wonder if it's the extender cause it seems to go in and out a according to my S5.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405348544848.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405348544848.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 353
I've done this ... you can find the Phantom's SSID while connected to the repeater... Open the DJI vision app and go to the Binding tab in settings... it is listed there...

You will be able to connect directly to the phantom but that's where the problems begin... without the repeater placed in line the connection will keep dropping... The phantom knows that the repeater is not hooked up and keeps dumping your connection... it will hold for awhile if you don't touch anything... but try to tilt the camera and boom... disconnect... or any other control for that matter ... same result.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr